New grower needing help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TheBudmaker, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm a first time grower this year. I experimented growing about a dozen plants and only had 3 of them(which are female) make it. I live in a cold weather climate in northern USA. I have done a ton of research about growing weed outdoors. I'm wondering if something I came across is true. Start your plants indoors around april/may and grow them in veg state for 3-4 weeks with 18-24 hours of light, then 1 week before putting them outdoors, force them into flower with 12 hrs. of light and 12 hrs. of night.
    Will the plants stay in flower mode, or can they revert back to veg. mode? Next year I'm planning about 50 plants (All feminized seeds) with a healthy investment. I want to be harvesting Aug/Sept. Can someone please tell me fact from fiction. I don't want to mess this up. Thanks

2. yeah you're somewhat right...start your plants inside whenever you want...if you want monster plants start them early in the year...I always veg with 24 hours light, but 18/6 is a common light schedule too...I'm in southwestern ontario and my plants are always ready within the first couple weeks of october...you won't need to give them 12 hours darkness before you take them out...just put them outside and watch nature take its course...in fall when the days get short your girls will flower...photoperiod (the number of hours of darkness) is very critical in plant growth...if you give your plants 12 hours dark and then put them outside when the days are longer than the nights, your plants will hermie