New Grower needing help diagnosing plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by schusnoa, Aug 24, 2017.

1. This is my first grow so I am trying to learn as much as I can in hopes that the next grow will be much more successful.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? "Just natural organic potting soil" and "lambert organic soil' I am not sure when I should start adding nutes with these soils but I started to at about 2 weeks.

Indoors or outdoors? Indoors

What strain? Mix of random strains, im not sure which is which.

How old are the plants? 2.5 weeks

What type of lights and how many watts? 2 vector 300 watt lights.in a 4x4 area (6 plants right now, only 3 are doing well)

How far from the lights? 3 feet about

What is your watering frequency and source of water? I was watering every day from my sink(we have well water). I always stuck my finger in and the first inch was dry so I watered every day but now I think I am over-watering.

What, how much and when was it fed? Fed yesterday(little over 2 weeks). Used Fox farm Big bloom at 1/4 strength.

What is the ph/ppm. 6.8 and 152

What are the temps and humidity in the room? Not exactly sure but it gets warm.

What size pots? 5 gallon

Any bugs? There were at first. They were really small dark colored. Not sure what they were but there are less now

I am not sure if it's just that the seeds were not the best (because they are bad) and if that is why they are not successful. Should I get actual good seeds?

These are the ones that are sick. I am not sure whats wrong with them.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Can't see the pics (maybe just my phone being slow?)

3. I am having trouble uploading the pictures. :/

4. It's hard to diagnose plants when the pics are taken under LEDs.

If you're watering daily I guarantee you're over watering. Instead of checking an inch from the top of the soil, learn what your pots feel like when the soil is completely dry. They like to dry out very well between watering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Also, they're a bit small to start nutes in my opinion. There's usually enough nutes in most soil for 3-4 weeks.

6. Alright thanks I will hold off on nutes for another week also I am going to start watering every other day. I have only been watering about 2 inches around the base of the plant. Should I be doing the entire pot or am I fine with what im doing for now?

7. I like to water around stem, leaving the soil around the stem dry. It makes the roots go search for water :)