New Grower Need Tips

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by pulvarized, Apr 22, 2011.

1. So i germinated couple seeds 3 nights ago and they have sprouted. I live in Haymarket, VA and i just don't know when the best time for me to plant is. I am planting outdoor in the woods and is a really great spot. I need to know what type of fertilizer/soil and any organic plant food i should use to have a successful grow. Any tips?

2. Weather permitting, now(spring) is the time to plant outdoor.....After germinating is best to start the new seedling in a solo cup(no ferts) etc (before the tap root gets to large and may easily get damaged) then transplant outdoors.
    Depending on the soil you are planting in (texture and drainage properties) you may elect to blend a guality organic potting soil(Black Gold,Pro Mix etc)with some azomite, pumice and or, perlite into your planting area.
    Dr Earth and Epsoma brand dry ferts work well. Their starter ferts are loaded with the benificial's the soil need's to properly feed the plants. By the second to fourth week you can start using their tomato fert for veg and the bloom fert when that time comes......Good luck...

3. He's right start the plants in solo cups indoors if possible (just need a couple cfls to get them goin, it'll run you like 20 bucks for the bulb and lamp) for a week or 2 tops but when you do decide to plant them outside, for best results bring the plants (still in the cups) outside for a few hours the first day, then bring them back in, then bring them out for a few hours longer the next day, then bring them in, until they're outside all day and night then transplant. it reduces shock risk

4. Plant after the last frost [different in every area]

Be sure that you get a spot that has plenty of light and a good bit of cover

Look up to see where the sun will strike and plant there

Leave absolutely NOTHING behind. Not even a toothpick

:)