New grower, need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Collander, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Hello, I'm new to posting on Grasscity but I'm not new to toking! [​IMG]

I have never ever grown ANY plant before either.
    Not even a tomato.
    I'm pretty young so I've never delved in to growing before.
    But I'm old enough to drink legally, so please no (don't smoke it's bad for you
    kid) kind of comments please. We're all adults here :) I'm just paranoid to say my actual age.

Anyways.

A few days ago I went outside for the hell of it and got some dirt from my yard, I then put it in an empty bowl of butter and put a few seeds in it from a recent bag of pot and added some water, I then sat them in front of my moms heater which produces a nice amount of warmth and Infra Red light(no clue what this does to a plant). To my surprise they actually sprouted which I didn't think was going to happen. But they look a little sad at the moment.

So now that they have sprouted which I just noticed today I'm wanting to save them and do it proper. So any straight forward advice and tips basically the 101 would be awesome.

Also I can not grow outdoors, I have neighbors 360 around me, I can't even piss in my own yard. So strictly indoors ;)

I don't know anything about proper lighting, cloning, dirt/fertilization, stages, cycles, how soon I can identify the sex, etc

Here's a pic of my 2 plants so far, I didn't expect 2 to pop up, so if this is a problem on how close they are how to I safely separate them?

[​IMG]

Thanks guys, I appreciate any and all help :)

2. [quote name='"Collander"']Hello, I'm new to posting on Grasscity but I'm not new to toking!

I have never ever grown ANY plant before either.
    Not even a tomato.
    I'm pretty young so I've never delved in to growing before.
    But I'm old enough to drink legally, so please no (don't smoke it's bad for you
    kid) kind of comments please. We're all adults here :) I'm just paranoid to say my actual age.

Anyways.

A few days ago I went outside for the hell of it and got some dirt from my yard, I then put it in an empty bowl of butter and put a few seeds in it from a recent bag of pot and added some water, I then sat them in front of my moms heater which produces a nice amount of warmth and Infra Red light(no clue what this does to a plant). To my surprise they actually sprouted which I didn't think was going to happen. But they look a little sad at the moment.

So now that they have sprouted which I just noticed today I'm wanting to save them and do it proper. So any straight forward advice and tips basically the 101 would be awesome.

Also I can not grow outdoors, I have neighbors 360 around me, I can't even piss in my own yard. So strictly indoors ;)

I don't know anything about proper lighting, cloning, dirt/fertilization, stages, cycles, how soon I can identify the sex, etc

Here's a pic of my 2 plants so far, I didn't expect 2 to pop up, so if this is a problem on how close they are how to I safely separate them?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any and all help :)[/quote]

I'd start over if those were bagseed. Read up on the stickies here. You have much to research yet

3. Don't smoke it's bad for you. :poke:

Vape! :devious: :metal:

4. Why would you start over? I'm trying to at least get a female that I can clone from, I'm not really looking for the first plants to be good smoke or anything, I guess I should of mentioned that. Does it look ok enough to save to clone?

5. I just use a little handy glass hitter lol

6. [quote name='"Colander"']Why would you start over? I'm trying to at least get a female that I can clone from, I'm not really looking for the first plants to be good smoke or anything, I guess I should of mentioned that. Does it look ok enough to save to clone?[/quote]

You cannot clone a seedling if thats what your asking. Dirt from outside is no good, you never know whats in it. One seed per container

You shouldn't start a grow without proper research

7. Nah, wasn't wanting to clone from a seedling, didn't expect more than 1 plant to sprout either. I just did this one for the hell of it.

Can you link me to something that has everything I need to do in 1? I haven't found a tutorial like that, everything is scattered.

I do plan to start some in proper soil once I know what I'm doing and have proper lighting and temperature and humidity.

I was seeing if I could successfully get them to sprout, then wondered when they did if they could be worked with.

8. [quote name='"Colander"']Nah, wasn't wanting to clone from a seedling, didn't expect more than 1 plant to sprout either. I just did this one for the hell of it.

Can you link me to something that has everything I need to do in 1? I haven't found a tutorial like that, everything is scattered.

I do plan to start some in proper soil once I know what I'm doing and have proper lighting and temperature and humidity.[/quote]

This is why you should start over. They'll most likely die by the time you get the hang of growing. Read all the stickies in the Absolute Beginner forum.

Look through this

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...olute-beginners-compendium-helpful-links.html

9. Ok, thank you! :)

10. I absolutely agree with BYO. There are too many things wrong with what you are doing to even bother with. Even if you grow them long enough to get into vegging and clone, you will have an exact duplicate of the mother plant. You stated you did not care if it was good weed...what would be the point?

Yield is directly related to the amount of research a new grower does. It is NOT about spending tons of money on hyped products. Yes it is true anyone can grow weed. But to grow quality cannabis is a different proposition.

11. I'd say to see if he can actually grow a plant in an environment that will be new as far as him learning goes . If he can grow that, THEN move on to the good strains . That's actually what I did. I just smoked some of my first bagseed harvest . I didn't get much, but it is good, and I learned a lot .

I'd say research ! Try the stuff that you think you have learned on the plants you have to see if it works or not. Who wants to buy 50.00 worth of seeds to have them all die because you are ignorant of growing ?

Keep at it man, see what happens . ;)

I'd recommend looking into the organic soil thread, as well as CFL threads . Also, don't forget your air circulation, reflective material , timers ... you got a lot to read man . Good luck bro ! :smoking: