New Grower: Need Help w/ Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by synystersnipers, Feb 26, 2012.

1. #1 synystersnipers, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
    I accidentally posted twice, so I have all the info needed in the post below.

Thanks,
    Syn

2. #2 synystersnipers, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
    Alright. So, I've been looking around the forums admiring/envying everyone's stashes/grows. So i decided to start my own.

Details:
    • I plan on using auto-flowering seeds (I have not yet decided a strain/brand to buy. I live in a desert climate so, it will be getting quite hot here soon. Any suggestions here would be awesome)
    • I'm working with a 2 foot deep x 2 foot tall x 4 foot long shed. It's outdoors :/. Any tips on keeping it cool are AWESOME.
    • Due to my low space restraints, I plan on either using SCROG or LST to keep my plants in check height wise. Any opinions on this would be awesome.
    • I also am going to need to keep the smell as low as possible. I live in a populated neighborhood, so I was planning on using a carbon filter.
    • Bucket System & 150 watt HPS | Aeroponics System, Ebb & Flow Hydroponics, Hydroponic Drip System This is the setup I plan to use. Any suggestions wether it be a cheaper way to make one or things to replace in the package would be appreciated.
    • Any suggestion on fans to use and wether to ventilate the entire shed (need to avoid a ton of sound) or to put on intake fan in the shed and some inside fans to circulate air.

If I missed something let me know. Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Syn

EDIT: What nutes do you guys suggest? I'm on a budget, but I'm not gonna just feed them w/ Miracle Grow. (I joke bc I'm using hydro, but seriously are the nutes in the package gonna suffice?)

3. Hey, I'm currently growing an Easy Ryder autoflower, and most I've seen will not really reach 4' tall. So you can grow almost any autoflower you'd like!

I've heard good thing's about Advanced Nutrients, but never used them myself.

As for cooling, you may have to get a small 5,000 btu a/c from walmart.

4. Thanks Mike. Never thought of a small ac unit. Are they like space heaters, but for cooling? And where did you buy your seeds from?

5. That would work, except I'm trying to keep the sound to a minimum. If my girl found out I was growing again I'd be toast. :(

And once you find where he got the seeds let me know!

Happy smoking:smoke: