New grower, need all the help I can get. :)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by BiZz3rK, Oct 6, 2012.

1. So, I finally decided to start growing my own bud. I ordered some seeds that should be here in a few days, and watched/read a lot about growing indoors, but want to have everything perfect. The space I'm using is a closet, and already have the ventilation figured out. Should I grow organically? What's the difference? What light should I use? I'll have about 8 plants, so whatever is the best way, I'll do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) thanks gc.

2. Organic or not organic is a personal choice. If you want to grow some personal smoke and it is important to you not to smoke weed grown with chemicals, then grow organic. How big is your closet?

3. I'm not too knowledgeable about indoor so I can't really help you on how to set it up but for lighting I'd get an HID.

As far as organics or chemical, I always would say organic just because I don't like the idea of smoking chemicals if I can help it. If you don't have a really good soil and nute combo you probably won't yield as much but its also harder to burn your plants. Ultimately its on you to decide how you want to do it.

4. I'm thinking about using granulated rockwool. I just saw a video and the guys plants are amazing when using rockwool. HID lamps? Does it matter what wattage? And the dimensions for my closet are probably about 6x2 ft.

5. I want to get the most yield either way. Whether that happens chemically or not chemically is not a worry. Obviously people still smoke weed that is grown with chemicals, so it can't be that bad for you. Can anyone tell me a general idea of all the items I should get?

6. Wattage definitely matters, the more wattage the more yield but its also more expensive. And a general list (for soil) would be soil (obviously), pots, lights (bulbs, ballast and hood), exhaust, carbon scrubber (for scent reduction), fans probably, any nutrients, thermometer, ph meter, perhaps a humidity gauge (can't remember the name), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

7. [quote name='"cranegame"']Wattage definitely matters, the more wattage the more yield but its also more expensive. And a general list (for soil) would be soil (obviously), pots, lights (bulbs, ballast and hood), exhaust, carbon scrubber (for scent reduction), fans probably, any nutrients, thermometer, ph meter, perhaps a humidity gauge (can't remember the name), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.[/quote]

Do I need a carbon scrubber? I mean, I have my own place, so if its only do remove the scent of weed, that won't bother me. :p

8. [quote name='"BiZz3rK"']

Do I need a carbon scrubber? I mean, I have my own place, so if its only do remove the scent of weed, that won't bother me. :p[/quote]

Not necessarily but if it isn't a legal grow it might be better. Also I don't know how your family is but I wouldn't want my mom to visit if my house reeked of weed lol.

9. [quote name='"cranegame"']

Not necessarily but if it isn't a legal grow it might be better. Also I don't know how your family is but I wouldn't want my mom to visit if my house reeked of weed lol.[/quote]

Definitely illegal. I'll get one if they're not too expensive. Haha. And no, family's not a problem. They don't come here.