New Grower - Need Advice!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MMmmGood, Jul 25, 2009.

1. #1 MMmmGood, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
    Hey everyone! I'm finally inching closer and closer to buying my materials for growing. So far, I'm planning on getting the following:

System:

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Grow Tent:

buy-the-homebox.com - universal indoor grow box kit

Hood:

Sunlight 904300, Sunlight Supply 904300, Sunlight System 904300, 904300, Super Sun 2 6" Air Cooled Reflector - eLights.com

Ballast (400w):

Lumatek Electronic Ballast

Light (Vegetation):

https://www.bwgs.com/details.aspx?sku=MH153

Light (Flowering):

https://www.bwgs.com/details.aspx?sku=HP123

Carbon Filter:

Carbonaire 6 Inch Carbon Filter - Businesslights.com

Fans:

Suncourt 6 Inch In-line Duct Fan w/powercord - Businesslights.com

Timer:

Indoor Digital Light and Appliance Timer

Nutrients:

3 Part Hydroponics Nutrients | Advanced Nutrients | Hydroponics Growing

Few questions:

- How does one go about installing the ducting system (fans and filter as well)? Do you simply place the ducting around the fans and you're good to go? Should the fans be near the sunhood or the exterior of the grow tent?

- Will two fans be sufficient for circulating the air throughout? I do plan on having an oscillating fan for further airflow.

- Are the lights I've chosen good enough for growing six plants? I'm rather confused when it comes to using different lights for vegetation and flowering, so if someone could fill me in it would be much appreciated.

- Have I chosen the ideal nutrients? And are there any guides availible that will explain to me (in depth, preferrably) how to use nutrients appropriately?

- Should I grab an airstone?

- How much am I going to be spending on energy every month with this system?

- Am I missing anything that I will need? I'm starting from scratch, and the items I have listed are the only things I plan on buying, unless of course I've missed something (excluding pH Up/Down & meter - I already have those items).

Price is of no concern (granted, if you know of a better deal, then by all means point me in the right direction please!). I know it's odd to be shelling out this much money as a first time grower, but I rather spend the money now and learn, than have to spend more money at a later date. I plan on sticking with it!

Thanks in advance!