new grower need advice plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growboy55, Feb 24, 2012.

1. im planning on doing an outdoor grow in california, i will be using a master kusuh and larry og clone that is considered a teen already in the dispensary, the guy at the hydro shop suggested i use fox farm ocean forrest soil + perlite , as well as happy frog powdered nutrients since its my first time. are the teen clones ready to go outside? can i set my grow up in mid march or do i need to wait its a nice weather in cali right now? any advice is appreciated thanks ahead of time

2. Harden ur clones...set outside on day 1 for two hrs, then day 2, 3 hrs and so on. Make sure night time temps dont get below 55-60 degrees. Peace

3. IMHO foxfarm ocean forest has enough perlite in it already .... and i would go with foxfarms original soluble trio (grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom) cheap packs of all three on amazon.

MJ plants are very tough, granted its not terrible weather for the first month you put it out there, im sure it will be fine already

4. okay see alot of people use that, he told me go powerdered becasue it was my first grow and i had told him i wanted to be a good grade so he suggested the powdered, is the trio hard to use?

5. thank you i appreciate it

6. no no.. i misued the word soluble

you are thinking about foxfarms second trio, the cha-ching, open sesame, and beastie bloom. i meant the "liquid" form ... grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom.

I do use Cha-Ching as well, but its only used in the last few weeks of flower

----

you want grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom.

big bloom is used the whole grow, grow big during veg, and tiger bloom during flower.

7. okay i will look into that , do you use dolomite lime? and does the strain of the clone matter that im growing outside? i figure it doesnt but i wanna make sure

8. #8 MaineCronic, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
    some strains will be more resistant than others ... but most every strain can be successful outdoors.

im 75% positive the "powder" form your talking about is the bestie bloom, open sesame, and cha-ching ... which arent base nutrients ... they are to be added on top of your regular feeding.

cha-ching for example has over x-40-x as the npk, i cant think of it off the top of my head. The second time you start using that thing leaves start to die, fast. All that phosphorus kills off the leaves, sending most all attention to the buds. This is only to be used 2-3 weeks of flower ... apposed to tiger bloom which you use the entire time.

EDIT: this is coming from somebody who uses these products ..... not a store owner. the second trio is a hell of a lot more expensive than the first. You tell him its your first time, he is goign to try and make a buck off you for your lack of knowledge. You need to do the research yourself, and not rely on a store owner to tell you what products to buy.

9. no the powdered nutrients are happy frog products - bone meal, bat guano, bloom jump start heres a pic ......http://kalyx.com/images/full/images_J/J_720175.jpg

10. ok thanks

11. #12 tplat, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012

When I start acclimating plants for outside grows I start out with them in the shade for the first two trips outside then slowly work them into full sunlinght. I live in NorCal and the weather here is different one season from the next. Keep watching your local weather reports keeping an eye on the night time temps and possible weather changes. Last year around here alot of people either lost thier plants or had plants hermie on them. About a week after it was time to plant outside the weather really changed for the worse. Strong winds one week the next heavy rain and then we had another week where for several days had heavy rain with strong winds. Fortunately I waited to plant cause I was watching the weather reports online daily.

12. okay i see its been getting hotter so far im around the los angeles area and youy are correct i checked the weather and its inb the 60s with a chance of rain i see what you mean now

13. Also watch how many hours of daylight you have. Planting to early in the season and the plants can start to go into flower to soon and then as the hours increase they can try to go back into vegging and some kinda get stuck inbetween and never finish properly. So day and night temps arent the only things to watch for when getting ready to plant outside also the number of daylight hours.

14. okay i was reading up on that and seen something that they will flower when the day is 12 hours and night is 12 hours when do you think i should plant i was thinking end of march beginning of april

15. Yes plants will go into flowering around 12 hours of light. I usualy plant around 14-15 hours of light. Thats around May 5th on.

Rise & Set Sacramento, California for 2012-05-20

16. thank you your the first poerson who gave me a straight up answer