New Grower Looking For Input

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kaotic007, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Ok, So my friend is making a grow room. She's racked abput 4 hours of Youtube edu and confided in her good friend for some pointers. I hear about this all day so I'm asking for help for her. So far she has the following:
    1. Perlite Medium
    2. 400w Sodium Light Bulb for flowering (Needs info on where to get a CHEAP fixture and does she REALLY need a Ballast?)
    3. 2x 70w Grow lights and reflective clamp fixtures from Lowes for veggie
    4. 2x 10 Gallon tube res (1 for Veg, 1 for Flowering)
    5. 2x Planting trays
    6. 2x small fountian pumps
    7. Clear hoses for water flow and PVC piping to guide. Sprinkle nozzels to hover over plant stems
    8. 2x Timers
    9. 2x Small Osilating fans

THINGS NEEDED:
    1. Orcid rock stuff
    2. Sodium light fixture (Unless there's a better/cheaper way)
    3. Have some seeds but not sure of how good they are. Where can she get some? Will anyone send her some?
    4. Mylar or some other reflective product

Closet grow. 4' wide x 3' deep x 8' high which will be split into 2 rooms but not side by side but one on top of the other by way of shelving units

GOLE:
    6 Starters. 2-3 types. 2-3 Mommy's (If all goes well). # of Clones to be determined.

Anything else?
    Is she on the right track?
    Looking for 2 1/2 mths from birth to bud
    Please let know if anyone minds sending seeds.

Thank you for your input

2. #2 The Baked Ninja, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    tell your "friend" lol shes doing well. By sodium bulb im guess your talking about high pressure sodium. There's lots of inexpensive lights out there. I got mine off ebay lol. And yes you REALLY need a ballast. It converts the electricity into something the light can use. No ballast=no light. Most of the time a ballast will come with the light you buy. I suggest you buy a light ballast combo. Cheaper most of the time and you want to make sure you get the right one. Lots of people like this site: http://www.htgsupply.com/ if you in the US that sites proly your best bet. ok growing in a closet your going to need good air flow. i.e. old hor air being sucked out and new air being brought in. This can be down with a inline fan and some ducting. It is very necessary to get all the old hot air out of your closet or the temp will run way to high.

Ok you might no want to split a 8 foot high closet in half. 4 feet for flowering is going to cause problems. Lots of strains will grow to be 5-6-7 feet high. You can buy starins such as lowryder that only grow so high. But you will proly end up having to tie down some of your plants and that will be a pain. Theres lots a viable seed banks out there. check out this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/seed-banks/323640-current-legit-seed-banks.html

Your going to need more than 4 hours of youtube experience. Best thing you can do is look around here. Every question you have has been asked befour. And answered. Look around. Research ventilation and air flow too its very impotent. Otherwise good luck glad to see another new grower.

3. #4 begginer, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009