New grower looking for advice.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Burlabear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Hello I decided I wanted to try to grow a few plants to do a test run. I just Dont know what kind of lights and stuff I will need for this. I'm not trying to grow something lower grade I'm hoping to get some pretty potient stuff. I have already got the seeds to sprout I have about five of them ready. I will be growing inside. I just really need to know some basic facts about this and what kind of equipment I will be needing. I'm not trying to spend thousands on a grow setup I just want something that will get the job done right.

Thanks ahead of time😎

2. What you should be looking into, is what is good for your situation. Are you growing in a closet space, a cabinet, a tent, etc. Will you have good ventilation, access to cool air, or will you have to worry about heat issues due to small space? Will you be using soil mix, hydro, aeroponics, or a mix of these?
    Me personally, because I am using the back of a walk-in closet, chose to go with a cheaper set up.
    Soil, CFLs for veg, LED system for flower.
    So what exactly are you working with space and money wise?

3. I will be growing in a closet , I can buy lamps and fans today the money is not a issue. I Dont know what kind of soil I'm going to use. I just want to get some product when its done

4. I feel ya brother. I can recommend a good soil, I use Espoma Organic Potting mix, basically the east coast equivalent of Fox Farms Organic soil. You really don't need any nutrients with this soil until late phases, although I had to pick up a magnesium supplement, could just be my strain though. As for lighting, CFLs are more than adequate for vegging.
    The best advice I can give you is actually a link to the website that got me going well into this hobby.
    www.growweedeasy.com

5. thanks brother. So I'm suppose to keep the plant on a 12 12 schedule right for like four weeks and then what do I switch it to ? I also have a question about the air system

6. when the plant is vegging you can leave the lights on for 24 hrs a day everyday if u want but they need at least 18 hrs of light a day to continue to be in the veggatative state.. when you want to flower them you switch the lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours of complete darkness everyday.

7. What sirsmokesalotta420 said is perfectly good advice. 12/12 is for flowering. if youre wondering about air system, if you don't have a tent you can keep an oscillating fan on them for strength and air circulation. I personally made a DIY Ona Bucket and its been working great for the 12 weeks ive used it. Its a cheaper alternative to a carbon filter, but it requires upkeep every other day to keep it scrubbing the air.

8. What light schedule should I use when I first plant them

9. 18 hours on 6 hours off is a good veg time.