New Grower // Is this cotyledon normal?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tseung, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Cheers I am new to this forum and new to Cannabis Cultivation. I have four plants ( 3 Pineapple Express Auto and 1 Blue Cheese) and I believe I may be in need of some advice.

I am on day 3 since germination and all my Pineapple plants are looking a very nice vibrant green with their leaves soaring like wings...but I can't say the same for the Blue Cheese, which was actually the first seed to show it's taproot, but since germination it never really fully developed a normal looking cotyledon (one leaf curls up and developed a yellow tint to it, while the other looks better but has a lighter yellow tint on it) and while the root is growing at the same rate of the pineapple strains the marijuana leaves are barely popping out while the others are flying (I can say at least that the color of the actual ganja leaves on the BC plant look vibrant green, it's just the cotldedon.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the bad quality. The first is a Pineapple Express and the Second is the Blue Cheese.

PE
    [​IMG]

BC
    [​IMG]

Additional info: They are under two Full Spectrum CFL Lights (One White light, One Day Light) both (55W // 3600 lumens) on 24/7 about 8-10 inches above. Hydroponically grown in rockwool//Hydroton medium, Water pH 6.0, good ventilation, 50% Humidity, Temp usually around 72F, Oscillating fan on low blowing straight from about a yard away plants and very little nutrient intake.

So is this normal for some plants to go through this ? I just hope its not fatal...Any help is appreciated.

Peace.

2. It doesn't matter what happens to those little round leafs. They already did their job and popped the seed shell open. After that some die off and some hang around for a little while. Those seedlings from what I can see look perfect. As long as the first single blade leafs grow your all set.

3. I see that makes sense...So i'm pretty much over-reacting on all this? Lol well that's great news to hear. All else is good. Thanks for the quick response btw. Cheers, mate!

4. Patients Grasshopper LOL . i am about to finish my second inside grow and still fuss , put some seeds from my outdoor plants last summer ( accident kinda ) into Osasis blocks a few days ago and light to far from dome and had to transplant them as they were 3" high and would be higher in the morning .we all learn some like me slower than the rest . the most important thing i have learned about growing MJ is that " it is just a weed " it will grow in a ditch so don't fuss if you mess up 99.9 % of the time it will heal itself -- Erb