New grower in New Mexico

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fheyr13, Dec 13, 2013.

1. My set up: Three 5 gallon dwc buckets in a 4x4x80 inch tent. Two 400w l.e.d. lights ( California light works Solar Storm. ). My nutes are the complete line of heavy 16 Started with 5 seeds of Nirvana's Ice. All 5 germed quick in paper towel and were moved to rock wool plugs. Two were too scrawny and got culled. Moved the remaining three into the hydroton in the dwc. I'm guilty of over watering due to my newness. I believe one more will be headed to the trash. Here are the only pics I have on my phone with more to come this evening. They are now 13 days after being put in rockwool I hope to update this thread at least every weekend so that I may track my own progress and also get advice and tips from the pros. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Keep the updates coming man! Ill follow if you do.
    check out my run. Link in signature

3. Sounds good to me, Soup. I will be home in a bit and have a bunch of pics.My girls aren't doing well. I think I over watered way too much. Lots of droop, yellowing, and stunted growth. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Here are the three girls under led light. Will get some pics in regular light shortly. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

5. Some general pics of the set up and lights. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. Here they are in white light. Notice I had to put some river rocks (cleaned and rinsed) in one because I ran out of hydroton. I'm almost sure it'll die :( messed with it's roots too much. Nice new water ph'd to 6 Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. Everyone is looking fine today but my biggest won't UN droop. Water is fine, lights are good, temps are perfect, but she just seems downtrodden. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. Dunno if that pic worked so repost. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. Dont count it out yet. Ive had my plants litterally drooping leaves touching the stem! I was sure they were gonners but it was just my planter size. Repotted and 24hrs later u couldnt tell they were drooping. You are only using water that is ph balanced and no nutes? There are some really good help fourms here, id post your issue with pics there and more people will see. Your set up is boss man. Makes mine look like childs play lol. Im thinking of doing a small hydro run one day.... good luck man ill be watching

10. I appreciate it Soup. Yeah I'm only using ph'd water for now. Next week I will slowly introduce them to delicious Heavy 16 Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. a small tip on the running out of hydroton, I suggest you use smaller netpots next time. those big ones take up a ton of hydroton with no increased benefit. I use 4 or 6 inchers and they work great.

12. [quote name="dishphead" post="19172635" timestamp="1387204676"]a small tip on the running out of hydroton, I suggest you use smaller netpots next time. those big ones take up a ton of hydroton with no increased benefit. I use 4 or 6 inchers and they work great.[/quote]Definitely a good idea there lol Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I realize that I've started this journal in the wrong section. Is it possible for a mod or myself to move this to indoor journals? Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Any who.... The girls are perking up! Lot less droop and signs of wanting to stretch? Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

15. Some delicious food for the girls starting next week at 1/4 power. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

16. WHAT TYPE OF LED LIGHTS ARE THOSE BRO.

17. They're Solar Storms from California Light Works. 400 watts each. They veg, bloom, and use uvb to finish flowering. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

18. I won't be able to see my plants until Friday. Work sucks. The wife says they're looking great. She even named one of them Dave despite me explaining many times that they're female. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Woo! These girls love light, water, and nutrients! They've tripled in size since Monday. I do have a problem though. As you can see, one girl is super low due to my running out of rocks and such. Is there a way I can bring her up to the level of her sisters besides elevating her bucket? All have dangling roots so I can't just lift and refill. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

20. I've noticed that two of the girls have brownish roots that look a little gooey. Is this normal?Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app