New grower in need of help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BlueBuddha11, May 4, 2011.

1. Seem to be doin good.. the pics I posted were on 8 day old beans...so seems to me that your on track

2. Awesome, thanks man. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

3. Ya BRO they look good and imo I would put in smaller pots get a good organic soil and the MH dude suggested once my clones took roots they've grown an inch a day at least under the MH also throw the mg nutes away and get something formulated more for mj not daisies I have advanced nutrients line flowering nutes first grow tho so no opinion on results yet but I did A LOT of research on nutes and their are several brands that promote excellent mj growth I've seen great results from friends using fox farms line and the bionic line of nutes but at the same time I have a friend that don't ph ANYTHING uses tap water that he don't leech the chlorine out of only one bloom nute half strength (bionic) and basically everything wrong and he still has some very good looking buds forming Rt now under a 600w hps so you can get some kind of results doing almost anything I guess it just depends on how serious and determined you are at getting bigger denser buds and weather or not your looking at getting a premium price on your overages......hope this helps some GOOD LUCK

4. As far as the humidity chamber I used clear plastic 2 liter soda bottles. You cut the bottom off take the cap off sprits the inside with distilled water and cover, spraying inside to keep moist whenever needed and the results were amazing. Pics posted on reviving droopy babies thread I don't know how to add the link sorry

5. Today is day 15 and here is the progress. So far I haven't added any nutrients to the soil yet and they have been on a 24 hour light schedule. On two of the leaves on the left plant you may be able to see that there is a spot on two of the leaves that doesn't seem to be dead or dying but it appears to be drooping a little bit towards the bottom of the leaf. Is this anything that I should be worried about or make any special preparations for?

Left:

Attached Files:

6. I changed the lighting set up today and put them in a new enclosure. I hollowed out an old dresser and wired 6 lights together with new bulbs. The new white light is a 100 watt OttLite that creates natural daylight. The blue and red lights are 60 watt CFL's. There is a combined 320 watt's concentrated on each plant. Here are some pictures, feel free to comment and offer any suggestions. I feel like this set up is working well for the plants considering that before they were only receiving 160 watts combined power through the fluorescents.
    Here's some pictures:

Attached Files:

7. Looking good, keep doin what your doing :)

8. I woke up and checked the girls this morning and the one on the left has developed a spot on two of the leaves. I haven't added any nutrients to them yet and have only been watering them with water that I purified through a BritaFilter. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I thought that it could be heat from the new lighting but when I stick my hand directly between the light and the plant it doesn't seem to be receiving too much heat at all. I haven't yet purchased a thermometer but plan to very soon. But if anyone can offer some insight into this it would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

9. I have no idea dude...but I do know if you worry yourself over every little thing like that you'll drive yourself nuts.

10. Well the splotch is starting to spread around the leaf. None of the others seem affected at all so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

11. Ok I think if anything maybe It's ph I skimmed the thread and didn't notice if you mentioned what the water your using is testing at or what the runoff is testing at.I feed with 6.3-6.5 reverse osmosis water and rt now my runoff is testing at 6.6-6.7. It's real hard to say tho since the plant is so small still and its just the one spot.

There are a couple very good threads here on GC that show deficiencies and diseases with lots of pics..... sorry Idk how to add the links I'm not very pc smart but their easy to find by searching..hope this helps some BRO....V

12. I haven't tested the water or the run off, and to be honest I'm really not sure how. I looked at a reverse osmosis system today at Lowes and hopefully I'll be buying one soon. I'm also getting ready to transplant them into new Fox Farm soil to provide them with a better quality growing medium. I added another 100 watt Ottlite to each plant so now both of them are receiving 360 watts of light each. I'll add more pictures soon!

13. #33 BeZtoken, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    You can get a digital ph meter at any hydro store 30$ I heard wall mart might have one lowes might in the garden section they should at least have the cheap soil ph/moist tester there not the best but prob better than nothing I have one. The local outdoor flower/landscape shop might carry them they usually have pretty descent soil ph testers cheaper than hydro store. Ph is important IMHO you should def have a tester if you can't find one local eBay def has

That's def enough watts per plant

The ro system will save you Soo much hassle to hope you get it.

After you get a meter if you need any questions answered on how to adjust water just holler. BTW you will have to get ph chems to adjust water....their natural

14. This is day 18, they're looking really healthy so far. No more problems with anymore of the leaves. It doesn't seem to have affected anymore of the plant thankfully. Check it out!

Attached Files:

15. They look sweet BRO... I love the symmetry of the mj plant grown from seed;-)

16. Thanks man, I'm really pleased so far with my first grow. I'm going tomorrow to buy some Fox Farm soil and transplant it. Keep your fingers crossed that they react well to the transplant!

17. They should do fine. A lil tip I learned with my transplant is let the soil get dry first not desert desert dry I just waited until it was time to water and did mime that day. The dryer ones were easier