New Grower In Need Of Advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gnoeyk, Jun 5, 2014.

1. #1 gnoeyk, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    Hello forum! I just recently started growing couple of seed from some random bag that had a couple of seeds. To my surprise within a week, they sprouted into beautiful plants! The 4 plants are 1 week into growing (From the seed). Do these plants look healthy? Should I start moving them into separate pots? Also what part of the grow stage or these plants in? 6/5/2014

UPDATE AFTER 3 DAYS 6/8/2014

I decided to move each plants into small cups after the original post. It's been 3 days since the relocation. I plan to keep these plants in these cups for their full life, at least until harvest. New leaves are growing out and the old ones are really fattening up. Also noticed they aren't growing upwards as fast  it was. Has anyone else tried growing in a really small area with success?

Attached Files:

2. @[member="hammerhead777"] @[member="curbhead419"]
    sorry made a duplicate post by accident.

The plants are basically fed sunlight. i was thinking of making them into a miniature plants by keeping them in small pots.

3. those are seedlings but move them into seperate pots forreal

4. @[member="Austria-Hungary"] would moving them right now damage the plants in anyway?

5. Well, first make sure you move them to individual pots. When you say miniature do you mean keeping them small because of stealth reasons? You can just plant in a big pot and use a technique called LST (low stress training) which involves typing up the main cola and branches and basically shaping your plant so it stays short and bushy but still gives you a great yield. http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/

6. not unless the roots have already tangled. good luck with your grow! im forced to grow in the woods which sucks. direct sunlight doesnt last all day and sometimes other seeds get in my soil and sprout, not to mention animals

7. On the contrary, you gotta move them now before their roots get longer and get tangled with the roots from the other plants.

8. Separate them into 1 gallon pots now, and please for god sakes don't put them in Miracle Gro soil. Get a seedling mix that contains no fertilizer. What are your lighting and grow area specifics? Or is this just an experiment where you put some bag seeds in the bottom of a cup to see what will happen? You have about 4 months of WORK ahead of you. Growing weed isn't hard, but if you don't start on the right foot and are not prepared with space and equipment, it's going to fail.

9. Should have been in individual pots to begin with. Like was mentioned, you don't want the roots to tangle.

When you transplant you may want to plant them deeper, they look to be stretching on you.

10. I did my best to not damage the roots ( dont think i did) and moved them into separate pots! To my surprise there were 3 BABY EARTH WORMS GROWING IN THE SMALL CUP! I decided to bury one worm for each pot for the hell of it , one pot containing no worm. Are these worm okay or should i just let em go.

11. I doubt they'll hurt anything, honestly have no idea but I'd guess they could be beneficial. Maybe airate your soil and naturally add a small amount of worm castings?

12. are you positive they are earthworms? Earthworms are chill and eat stuff like leaves that fall off the plant and bacteria, fungi and shit. Just make sure it is an earthworm and not a nasty plant eating worm.

13. So again, I ask...what is your lighting and grow space situation? Are you actually wanting to grow some bud, or just have decorative plants?

14. @[member="hammerhead777"] im 100% positive they are. Do earthworms messup the roots cause they have to tunnel around places.

15. The lighting is just sunlight, and i placed them into 1 gallon pots for now. im not looking to grow some major bud but maybe enough to get out a couple grams from each plant.

16. worms have been removed ;p