New Grower; How's My Plant Doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by seaking420, Dec 10, 2009.

1. #1 seaking420, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
    Whaddap brah?

I'm growing my very first plant, and I must say, I'm excited at what I think has been good progress, and I've been doing as much research as I could to help her prosper(yes, I always call her a she; psychological reinforcement haha).

Couple of questions and requests for advice for you guys:

I've topped her once in the two more recent pics, and I just topped her again today. I've read some places that you should only do it twice, others say 3 or 4. I have limited height, so I'm trying to keep the height down but get a fairly decent yield, so which should I listen to?

I use one of those eco-friendly flouro lamp bulbs, a heating pad, wet sponged in a ziploc with holes as a humidifier, and I run the fan only at night. On average, the temperature lately has been around 75 - 80, with the humidity between 35% and 40%. Are my conditions good enough to keep her happy through veg, or what can I do to make it better?

The biggest issue is that I'm on a very tight budget; my biggest motivation to try growing was to save me money from buying my pot.

Here is the link to the album containing the pictures, since I haven't resized them, and I don't want to hella stretch the page. In the older ones, she's about 3 weeks old, and in the more recent, she's a little more than a month old.

My baby. <3

Thanks in advance for all your help, guys.

2. Hey, your plant looks great. Congrats. Instead of more topping, how about some Low Stress Training to keep the height down? There's a great sticky here. Your temps and humidity are pretty much ideal for pot growing btw. Good luck!

3. ^^^ Agreed. LST is the best solution for limited height.