new grower -- high-end growbox or waste?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BondJamesBond, Dec 30, 2012.

1. #1 BondJamesBond, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    Hey guys,

Brand new grower here. I am just doing my initial research and have been saving for quite some time, ready to get started!

I have been looking at the 3.0 superlocker and also the Stanley 336 pro.

I don't mind spending the money for a quality product -- and it seems like 8 plants is a nearly ideal situation.

Stealth is important to me, that is why I'm not super interested in big DIY projects.

Do you think I could go wrong with either of those systems? The stanley costs more money but the back-side of the unit looks much more professional.

Thanks for your input.

2. Ever think of a grow tent? They are way cheaper, and you can get any size you need

3. I looked at them ... I just have to keep things out of sight out of mind. Maybe with some ingenuity I can come up with a solution and be able to use one.

4. #4 Buffalo11024, Dec 30, 2012
    The automation and security of the bloombox is incredible. Dont know about cleaning them. I like more space and light as well. That being said you could grow more plants at half the cost building two grow tents (mother/clone & flower) and locking up the room they are in. Also would not recommended hydro to a first time grower

5. I think I may need to go the route of dedicating an entire room. I have a 1300 sq foot well built shed with nothing in it, so I may use that area and just hope like hell no one breaks in looking for tools.

Having one box seems great in theory but I really would want a place for the mother plant .. which means one superlocker won't cut it :(

Any recommendations on great tents or should I just do a forum search? I really would like to try 8+ plants otherwise it's not really worth my investment.

Thanks!

6. You can get 10 to 12 nice plants out of a 4 x 8, 2 600w hoods.

7. #7 Buffalo11024, Dec 30, 2012
    Secret jardins are well constructed. Shelving in a 2x4 with t5 lights are great mother/clone tents

8. If you got the money I would go for Gorilla Grow Tent. I love mine. Also you might want to check your local Hydroponics store. They sometimes have some good deals on tents.