New grower here, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by newgrower204, Nov 24, 2016.

1. a couple weeks ago i was messing around and planted a weed seed.. now it sprouted, and has a few leaves.. please give me advise on what to do now., im thinking i wanna keep it alive. ( found seed in a gram i bought) could it be male or female? I'm using a small storage tote with a couple cfl lights on 24/0 . I need more advise , here's a pic

Attached Files:

2. 2 - 13 watt cfl bulbs 1-23 watt cfl bulb 1 small of fan to keep it cool. Now what should I do?? What would the yield by with that wattage of lights .. Sorry for the dumb questions .. Beginner using small plastic storage tote

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I fell into growing the same way and now I've been growing for years and it's a passion for me now. You'll be fine for now with those cfls but to bring that plant to harvest you'll need more. Either a ton of cfls or an actual growing light. Your set up will probably be fine until the plant is a couple feet tall but after that it'll suffer

These are the ones I use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P...&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=galaxyhrydro

Only $85 now for these 300ws. Even with cfls you'll prob spend about that for all the bulbs and plugs and strips. I have 2 in my little cabinet and they work well. I usually harvest 6oz from 2 plants.

[​IMG]

You'll also be better off with either a tent or you can make your own box from something like plywood. I used an old projection tv cabinet for mine.

You won't be able to tell if it's male or female until it's quite a bit older.

• Like Like x 4
  4. You need to throw some perlite into your soil to up the drainage. This stuff needs killer good drainage to stay healthy and happy. It needs probably a 60/40 soil/perlite mix. I would've used something smaller to start it in. We start our clones in Solo cups or if they're really big tops, I'll put them in 1 gal. after roots. Just read up on how to do this. The most important thing you'll need is flower lighting. Got to have it if you want to harvest anything. If it were me, I think I would attempt to keep it alive over the winter and prepare to set it outside after danger of frost. You can get 10 times off one finishing it off outside than you can from a fine indoor setup. You just can't replicate the sun as a light source in a closet. LOL Basically, optimal light gets you optimal harvest...and you need to learn the basics of keeping one alive in a soil grow. If you don't, you'll kill it and it won't matter. There are things you need to know about tending one if you want to keep your plant healthy and happy. But looks like you've got links to hit and read. That's the best thing you can do...find a proven reliable source and soak it in. Make sure what you're doing is the right thing and don't take the first suggestion that comes alone. Everybody wants to help, but we're not all on the same level. LOL We've had our grow going for several years now and you need to really take the time to read and research what you'll attempt to be doing and know up front that nothing involved with this little "hobby" is cheap. LOL However, if you can put a good setup together, it takes no time to recoup your investment if you smoke much at all. If you don't use a lot of MJ or spend a lot of money on it to start with, it'll take you a while to make your money back unless you're willing to pass a little on for profit here and there. But right now, be learning how to grow the plant you have. If you can get that to happen, you can think about something else down the road. TWW

5. Thanks a lot guys . When should i have a different grow space/ light set up by? How long is it safe to keep my baby under these cfls?

6. I CHANGED THE GROW AREA.. WHAT WOULD MY YEILD BE LIKE? IF I ENDED UP USING THIS .. ??
    3-13 WATT cfl 1-24 WATT CFL..

VENT. GOING IN TMW.

Attached Files:

7. Probably about an oz

8. Ok , here is the truth Small area equals small plant , equals low yield
    Clf lights are piss poor lights need to be within inches of plant to be effective , equals low yield
    Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 z
    You think mom or dad will find the box ? what about when it smells in flower ? do you have a carbon filter ? Do you need to mask the smell ?

9. just trying this out for the first time.. next one/s with be in a tent with LEDs . just gonna experiment with this set up

• Like Like x 1