New grower here, how are my plants doing? :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the_tobzster, Jul 21, 2013.

1. #1 the_tobzster, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your feedback on these ladies I have been growing in my back yard. Yes they are both autos, they're only about 1' tall, but I have tried to make them as low maintenance as possible (hardly any nutes, fertz), just filtered tap water and the good old power of the sun.

I live in the UK and luckily the weather has been amazing the past 3 weeks or so (30C or ~86F), they started to produce the white hairs about a week and a half ago. The packet they came in say the average about 56 days to complete (been about 49 or so days), although I know this is almost always quite generous, how long do you think until they are done? One of the plants has exploded in growth, with many new branches and clusters of white hairs, is this a good sign? Is that where the buds form?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am pretty anxious to see how they are getting on!
    Thanks.

By the way I took two pics of the one with the excessive growth.
    20130721_111036.jpg
    20130721_111044.jpg
    20130721_111753.jpg
    20130721_111020.jpg

UPDATE:

They have continued to grow massively, with a great amount of stems and calyxes!

20130722_195905.jpg 20130722_195923.jpg

I think I can start to see some trichomes developing on the smaller leaves near the calyxes?
    I brought them inside for the night as the weather is pretty stormy and humid here at the moment!

Some of the lower leaves (especially on one of the plants) are turning yellow/fainter coloured and some even have dried up completely and are about to fall off, is this natural? Or should I add more specific nutes? I added some shredded banana skin and some sunflower oil for potassium and phosphorus. 

2. Looking good. She could use a lil bit more N, Ca and some neem for those bugs

3. agreed^ definitely needs another 3weeks id say maybe more buds haven't put on enough weight for day 49 imo.

Thanks for the helpful feedback. Will be on the nutes and is the bug spray really necessary? Will the pests be a huge problem when it's in full flower?

5. looks good. bugs will impact yield and become more abundant as she peaks flowering. get some flowering nutes if possible. High in P.

6. Yes, outdoors especially. Keep a variety of bug fighting reagents, sticky pads, ant powder etc etc..You should kill bugs the second you see em feeding on your plants..an infestation will diminish or destroy your harvest.

Its your luck really, maybe theyll infest it, maybe theyre just passing by. Dont take a chance.

Whoa you scared the shit outta me, didn't think it would make that big of a deal haha... Yeah will definitely buy some of that soon!

8. UPDATE:
    \nThey have continued to grow massively, with a great amount of stems and calyxes!
    \n View attachment 1243101
    \n View attachment 1243100
    \nI think I can start to see some trichomes developing on the smaller leaves near the calyxes?
    I brought them inside for the night as the weather is pretty stormy and humid here at the moment!
    \nSome of the lower leaves (especially on one of the plants) are turning yellow/fainter coloured and some even have dried up completely and are about to fall off, is this natural? Or should I add more specific nutes? I added some shredded banana skin and some sunflower oil for potassium and phosphorus.