New grower.. Help with smell and other things..?!

Discussion in 'Security' started by four20smoker, Mar 16, 2011.

1. I heard citrus magic works great for covering smell but i wasn't sure? Does anyone have experience with citrus magic? Anyway, i just germinated my seeds and they are in a little styrofoam cup. Is it a good or bad idea to leave them outside in the sun (I live in San Diego) and let them get through seedling stage and then take them and grow indoors?? And does anyone have any experience with halogen or CFL lights? Are they good to use? Also, what nutrients are good? I heard that Fox Farms sells great ones. I think i may get Fox Farms Ocean Forest Mix for soil but im not sure.. I also heard Miracle Grow isn't good at all? I don't know what to decide..!:confused:

2. Halogen lights would not work as good as CFL`s, MH or HPS lights. They put out alot of heat and arent around the color spectrum you want for grow lights. As for Miracle Grow just go with Fox Farms its far better and more geared for growing pot. As for the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil FFOF for short already has time release nutes in it and I dont use it untill the seedlings are several weeks old and are on their second to third set of 3 bladed leaves. Seedlings dont need any nutes for the first couple of weeks and giving them nutes can burn or kill them easily. I use Fox Farms Happy Frog for seedling then when old enough I put them in FFOF for a while untill they are transplanted into bigger pots with Happy Frog and then give them my regular nutes for feedings. This time of year even in SoCal I would not be putting them outside.

3. thanks man! helped a lot!:smoke:

4. Here in Vegas. I need to keep everything indoors but want to keep the smell down. What do you suggest if my room is 5x5 eight feet tall and what kind of fan and filter will I need. Will one filter be enough. Im also thinking of putting a vent to my attic so the smell will go out the roof, or can it vent into the garage. Its all about smell. Can I get rid of it???

5. make a new thread if you want people to reply bro.. i know your new, (and so am i) but you'll figure it out. and i heard citrus magic works great to cover smell. get a carbon filter, or make your own. they're really easy/cheap to make, but really expensive to buy.

6. cfls are not to bad buds will just lack density but halogen is very poor for growing cannabis