New grower going stealth. Help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RideTheEast, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Hi GC. Im a new grower, new to GC and to forums. Im in the midst of building 2 stealth dressers, a smaller one for clones and a bigger one for flower. Ive done my research and bought books but after scouring this site for weeks Ive still got several questions about the best tactics to use. So here we go...

To get an idea of what Im working with, Ive gone with flat white paint for both veg and flower dressers. I have passive intake for both with one axial fan for the veg and 2 axial fans for the flower. Im going to attach homemade carbon scrubbers to the fans in the flower box to get ride of smell. The fans are vented into the top drawer, going to attempt to muffle them with acoustical foam. Any thoughts? Will this work? Will I have heat issues? (Ill get dimensions asap. The flower box is roughly 20" deep x 32" tall x 24" wide) I also need to light proof the fan in the veg box and intake in both, Ive come up with some ideas for this but any suggestions are welcome.

Ive ordered CFLs from cfluniverse.com. I got 4 65w 5000k spirals for veg and 2 105w 2700k plus 4 65w 2700k for flower. My question is this: should i make a rack and put them all up top/above the plants? or just put the 105w on top with the 65 watters as side lighting? option b. will cut down on grow space, right?? Will I need more fans to keep temps down? Will I need a reflector? Im building a system to raise/lower the lights to adjust for plant growth.

And the question I bet youre all wondering is what am I growing? Ive got purple haze clones, had some run in with spider mites, but getting more tonight in case my first ones go hermie from stress. Live and learn!

Im sure Ive forgotten something, but this is a start. No pics available now, try to get some soon.

p.s. Ive been hesitant to register, is any of this traceable? I mean obv you guys arent concerned, but is it possible? Im not computer oriented....

Thanks All!!!

2. By the sound of it your setup sounds good yes I reccomend you get a reflector because your can increase your yield by doing so as well sure its possible to be traced but if you look at it from the police's perspective would you rather catch the violent druglord with a massive grow op or a few small time growers whom are generally peaceful, they don't really care enough to trace you they will though if they get notified by say your neighbour to investigate then they would naturally inspect but otherwise as long as your still growing smalltime you not worth police effort

3. Thanks for the tip on the reflector. I was thinking of a DIY out of sheet metal, bend it around the lights to get 180 degree coverage. I get what youre saying about cops. I cant really take it from the cops perspective though (I have no experience in the field) Its hard for me to believe that they wouldnt bust a small time grower and throw him in the slammer for having a few pot plants. In my experience cops are ridiculous and willing do to anything to f*ck you over. But I am going to be living in the same building as my landlord. Hence why I gotta go totally stealth.

4. hey bro.....sounds pretty good but 30 in high...gonna hafta lst or scrog or dwarfs to keep down height..figure 8 inch pot 6 in lost to light space leaves you 16 in minus distance from lights..another foot tall..your in the game..get all the height you can for flower...would suggest a stand up type cab...for veg your good....pretty fucked up right now...let me ponder...will wrap the old cortex around it and get with ya manjana..need pots size..medium...strain....type water.....air temp surround the grow..etc..hope thats kewl cause i just harvested a little bud or two and am gettin bent here...later deacon

5. I was planning on doing my first grow without any lst or anything. Just letting them go and see what happens. After that I might do something different. If this is a bad idea let me know, Im willing to lst right off quick if need be. Also, i understand the concept of scrog, just not sure how to implement successfully. Tips?

Any thoughts on side lighting out there? Lights are coming tomorrow so need to decide and build something this week. Thanks!

6. i think it would be better for you to lst or scrog. if you just let it grow without stressing it the lights will be even higher from the lower buds if you scrog or lst the side buds are getting more even light wich makes for a bigger yeild i am personally doing lst in a wardrobe .. hope this helps

7. Yeah I agree with these guys, the height is gonna be something your gonna have to plan well. 30" for vegging would be fine, but once your go into flowering we're talking 2 to 3 times that with which you started flowering at. Personally I wouldn't want to try and train once in flowering so I would go with lst or similar. Good luck my man

Be Safe