New Grower - few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Perkus, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Just went out today and bought some shit, ready to try and make this work as its my first plant, i was going to start with cfls but decided against it. I've went out and bought a 100w Basking spot lamp mainly used for reptiles, (R80 100w 230v 50hz ES) i've no idea if this lightbulb is useful or not? im on a low cost budget for a start..
    I bought tomato nuts as well, on the knowledge that anything good for a tomato plant is good for a MJ plant, the npk ratio is 4-4-8, sticking to low nuts as not to kill this thing!
    I'm planning on pictures later on... but thats in the distance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. The lamp you bought is pretty much worthless for growing and is more likely to cook your plants than help them. I would return it and get a few cfls if you have to stay low budget.

3. [quote name='"Perkus"']Just went out today and bought some shit, ready to try and make this work as its my first plant, i was going to start with cfls but decided against it. I've went out and bought a 100w Basking spot lamp mainly used for reptiles, (R80 100w 230v 50hz ES) i've no idea if this lightbulb is useful or not? im on a low cost budget for a start..
    I bought tomato nuts as well, on the knowledge that anything good for a tomato plant is good for a MJ plant, the npk ratio is 4-4-8, sticking to low nuts as not to kill this thing!
    I'm planning on pictures later on... but thats in the distance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

Just buy two 60 watt 6500k cfls. Probably $25. Should of bought something that's known to grow marijuana

4. Not to quote nacho libre or anything....but...

Go away now...readd sum books.