New Grower - Exhaust fan location?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by craigbomb, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Have had my plants going for a couple of weeks solid now using 1st gen starters.

Plants have been going good and strong, but thinking Its little too hot in there.

I have. 2'x4'x5' grow tent that had a variety of opening around the tent for different sizes (I believe 4", 5" and 6" respectively". Also use 400watt HPS

Right now I'm running a 6" online fan which is on the bottom back of my tent to bring in air and circulate it, and leave the top bent (I believe 4") open to let the hot air escape front the top and also don't keep zippers completely zipped up in the front to help with hot air escaping.

Is this a good way to go? Or should I have that inline fan setup on the top blowing outward instead of inward and being in some smaller oscillating fans on the bottom for air flow?

Here are some pics to see my setup. The fan you see is blowing air IN. You can see I got some heat burn and lack of watering I believe in one of my plants. Rotated, flushed and moved out from directly under light.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Links or what I need to buy or adjust are appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I don't have any experience as I'm about to start my first grow here soon, but I've been tweaking my setup last couple weeks so take my info with a grain of salt lol.

Have you got a inline/fan dedicated to lights / exhaust. My setup is pretty similar except I'm in a 4x4 with 600w. I had the duct fan like you but I was running at about 85 so I put in a inline with carbon filter dedicated to cooling lights and exhausting while the 6inch duct fan pulls in clean air, and it dropped my temps to about 75.

I'll post some pics of mine, adding the fan to lights and negative pressure seemed to help a ton with my setup

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. What kind of humidity you got in your room? I've been freaking out about trying to get it up in my setup and just added a humidifier. Can't seem to get past 55% though. Read so many different things on the net it'd be nice to know from someone who's actually in the middle of growing something lol

Testing a few bagseed in there at the moment because I'm too scared to use my good seeds lol

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thanks guys I think I'll keep the 6" fan for cooling and just add another 6" fan with 4" adapter to go out the top of the other hole in top of tent blowing OUT. temps aren't too hot I just feel like gets stagnant and humid. It's around 73-77 depending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I always believed I had better results pulling air fir the highest location and run exhaust through a carbon filter..keeping the tent at a vacuum so that I caught all the heat and smell I could but those tents are a challenge to control. Looks like you guys are on the right track. As long as plants are growing healthy and not struggling your doing it right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1