New Grower, ending grow soon, need some opinions (PICS)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by RickTheToker124, Jan 6, 2009.

1. #1 RickTheToker124, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
    High everyone, just joined an hour or so ago and been reading all the stickies when to harvest and what not. Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on when to harvest my babies :).
    Alright, I switched to 12/12 when these plants reached about a foot in height, and just starting to show sex. I am growing these for my friend, seriously he bought them from someone and I had a great spot to grow, and I received them when they were about 1 month old. Only about 1 and a half weeks ago did they start showing any signs of white hairs and bud growth.
    Now the white hairs are very evident and the trichomes are just appearing on the bud and very little on the near leaves. The trichomes started appearing only a few days ago, maybe around the 27th of December. Some of the white hairs (pistols they are called, I believe) have started to turn amber, very little, only the tips. The plants are Master Kush, or so I have been told. But they do not look as though they are by comparing them to pictures online. Maybe its too soon but they honestly look somewhere in the white family, widow/russian/rhino, who knows yet. These pictures were taken 3 days ago. They were taken with an iPhone so quality is not amazing. But I will take some with a digital camera, 10MP, soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hey Rick,
    Typically, the average time from beginning of flower to harvest is about 8 weeks. This differs from strain to strain, but it's a good starting point. I usually am able to see hairs on my plants in about 10-14 days, so about 6 weeks or so from Dec. 27th should be a ballpark on when they should be ready. You can dial in the time by checking the trichomes color/cloudiness.
    Here's a chart that might be of help to help you determine when to harvest your girls:

[​IMG] Trichome_chart1.jpg

It's helpful to have a 30x magnifier to get a close up of the trichomes. BTW....Nice work on your grow.

3. Thanks for the reply and do plan on getting a 30-100x hand held magnifier. Im using an Aero Garden that I ripped the original lighting off lol. Basic hydro system, pump and water. I'll post some updated pics tomorrow

4. I stay 40-50 days what are you going to smoke man? There's nothing on your plant. :(

5. use a hps next time for flower

6. yea us a hps for flowering but also thats not master kush, master kush is 80% indica huge fat leaves and a heavy yielder what you have there is a hybrid and a small yielder you might get an ounce or two off there if your lucky. but its still a great grow you still have time to go out and get a HPS and it would help you out alot