New Grower!!! do they look healthy? if not what are your suggestions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ashvindar, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hello there this is my first time posting and growing and i would like to know if my plants look like they are doing good. i am currently growing in my closet, the two plants are in separate pots in top soil (iv read that top soil sucks but its winter its and all i had in my garage) over top of each plant is a 150watt CFL about 1.5-2in above at all times, lights are on a 24 hour cycle, i water them each twice a day with normal tap water i let sit out for 24hours before use.

i have read many forums on growing and a lot of pictures iv seen of plants that are 3-4 weeks old(mine are 3.5 weeks old) are usually bigger then the two plants that i have, and i was wondering what might i do to help increase growth

Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. You are watering them wrong. Given the media, you are lucky they are alive. Watering frequency tends to be the one thing most new growers completely do not understand.

Over watering is watering too often. Not with too much.

Once the soil is wet, then it's wet, and it doesn't get more wet. Always, always, water to complete and even saturation with a small amount of runoff. Then allow for as much time as is necessary for the media to nearly dry out. Lift the planter daily to determine the weight. When the media is ready to be watered again the planter will be unusually light. Before the plant wilts and once the media is nearly dry is the best time to water again.

If your bulbs are actually 150w then your plants are much smaller than they should be. My guess here is that you are giving us the "equivalent" wattage of a 25-28w CFL. Additionally, daylight spectrum CFLs are much better suited to growing than soft white (what I think you have).

Keep researching. Watering properly is one of the first things you should learn... So it's clear you haven't done enough homework yet.

3. Ima new grower 100 dollar setup 10 hours of research n reading countless websites my baby at 3 weeks

Attached Files: