New Grower, coming in to my 3rd week.(pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by msl420-shsu, May 2, 2010.

1. So I have this bag seed that I am growing, pretty sure it is purp, but I'm not sure. It has a little yellow on the bottom leaves that I am not sure about, but the rest of the elaves seem to be fine. Let me know what you think and or give some feed

Attached Files:

2. you need to lose the foil

3. lose foil for sure. Do you have a fan in there? they look a little skinny.

4. Def lose the foil. They look so skinny cause they are probably stretching for the light and you don't have a fan blowing on the plant. Move the lights (which look to be cfl's) with in 2 inches of the plant at all times.:smoke:

5. the thing worse than the foil are those dark walls. They gotta be absorbing 90% of the light that hits them if not more. either paint it white, hang up some clean white towels, or even tape up some white notebook paper. anything to get the dark walls away would help. Avoid any heat issues though. CFL is fine but hotter lights could cause a fire issue and heat trap if you do something like hang up paper.

6. Ok, so I figured that I would get some negative feedback, but this is my first grow, and I have made some adjustments. Let me know what you think now,
    I have a fan blowing on it too 24/7. I also have the lightsd on it 24/7 and I am not sure when or if I should change the lighting schedule. Any advice is awesome advie.

Attached Files:

7. try lining the inside walls with some mylar. cant find any? those silver/metallic balloons at the grocery store (or flower shop) are a great substitute when inside-out.

what kind of lighting are you using? you might not really need the 24hr schedule, im usinig 18 on 6 off with great results.

how's the heat?

8. umm it gets, kind of hot, but the fan is blowing on them which is pretty cool air. and the inside walls of the plastic tub? What is mylar and what does it do?

9. i think they make survival blankets out of mylar...like the kind they give you if you are going to be a wild-land firefight, they say to crawl under them if the fire is coming at you. hahaha, thats no joke!

mylar is a highly reflective film that you can buy by the roll to hang on your walls. it does not let your lumen's concentrate in 1 area that can reflect back onto your plant like a sun through a magnified glass to burn them. i have never had that problem with foil and floros just your HID lights.

Good luck!!

Skoob