New grower cfl ?'s

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grwforfun, Jun 22, 2012.

1. I just got my first plant to break through the soil. It's been three days since germination and it seems to be coming up pretty well, but I was using a stupid incandescent witch I think may have burned the pod of the new seedling (will post pics). I have switched to one 26w cfl 6500k and it defiantly seems brighter and not too hot, that's all I have for now I will get more maybe 4 to make 100 actual watts just wondering if now one is enough, the plant is 1/4 an inch out of the soil so how long can I continue to grow on this one bulb?

(Decent bag seed) (really small pot for now in my room) (hope it didn't get burnt just a little brown on one side but it's just out out the soil and still in a pod type shape)

2. Where do you eventually want to grow it?

Use plenty of light while they're seedlings. The CFL route is good for now. But one bulb won't work. If you don't use enough light now, the seedling will get leggy, and you want to avoid that if you can. Don't water too much, only a few drops is all you need. Just make sure the soil is moist, but not saturated. Make sure things aren't too hot either.

3. [​IMG]

Crappy iPad 2 camera not that retina display lol but it has some kind of residue dried up I guess left from the seed shell but I'm going to get some more lights soon and the top of the soil looks dry some times but I know I water it enough but makes me worry

4. About iPhone pic it looks better

5. [​IMG]

Little better

6. And im gonna keep growing it in side move it to bigger pot (5 gal or so) this was just to get it going

7. I'd say the soil looks like it needs to be wetter. You want to make sure the soil is moist at all times with seedlings. Not saturated, but constantly moist. Otherwise the seedling could die.