New Grower, Cfl, Closet Cab, BagSeed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Knee Deep, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Thats what I thought originaly

2. Lets hope thats what it is, i really dont have any money at all to by insecticides or pesticides what ever the difference is. Im just hoping in the morning i dont see any more damage, then i will probably assume it was bleaching or whatever. but thanks for the input sniper +rep:wave:

3. how do u hook up the cfls like that.[​IMG]

4. i answered this in my thread, it is bugs eating those leafs, water drop burns wont burn holes, just burn spots, + your useing cfl's which makes it harder to get water burns vs HID's. if u mist keep it down to 1-2 times a day, & when u do its best to do it right whern lights come on & right b4 they go off if your not on a 24/0 light cycle, & when misting it is best to move the plants away from direct light for 15mins or just raise the lights for those 15min. misting serves more than 1 puropose, it water/feeds them this way, it also cools the plant down, & mimics natures morning & night dew

5. Thanks so much J, Im not sure if its whiteflies or not, cause i havent seen anything fly, and i was looking this morning and dont see anything in the soil, which is odd, so maybe theyve burrowed back down, because i watered yesterday when this happened, and it says online that they surface after waterings i guess. So im about to google that homeade soap right now and unfortunately im out of fresh soil, and wont have money to buy more for a week or so.... thanks for the help as always.

6. Its really easy and cheap, if youve got a walmart or lowes near you start there, First you need about a 3 1/2 ft piece of wood, surge protectors and zip ties. First lay the surge protectors flat against the wood strip and tightly zip tie them down. Then you buy socket adapter that have a 2 prong plug, then you fit those with Y adapters, Buy some chains and something to hang it with. Screw in your bulbs, and its a simple as that, a light fixture. IF you wanted to make a reflector im sure you could rig it to the wood strip somehow, but i haven't done that yet, and probably wont this grow, as im out of my budget.

7. so.. the sockets plug into the surge protectors?

8. http://www.essortment.com/all/homemadeinsec_rvhp.htm

Hey Jc, Is this the kinda recipe you were talking about??????

And if i do use this spray(which i will as soon as i can round up a couple bucks) how do you rinse it off? Just with heavy misting an hour afterwards? the sites says to rinse but it doesnt really explain an effective way to do it....

9. yep, easy as that. Mine fit in really snug, so i dont really worry about them falling, but if they don't fit in really tight for you, you might want to duct tape them or something like that.

10. thanks man.. that'll save me some money 4 sure

11. yes, but You can add several drops of vegetable oil to help the soap bond to the plant as well. washing it off is easy, just take a wet sponge or rag & wipe off the leaves, both sides then mist it w/ water & rewipe. leave the spray on for 2 days, then wipe it off & mist. & repeat as nessary if bugs come back, after u get some $, invest in some neem oil, its 100% organic pest control that most all mj growers use.

12. thank you sir.

13. #53 Knee Deep, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
    day 25 almost 26 pic update:

Ive got a shit ton of pics to update, gonna do it in three posts

First shorty girl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what a sexy little bitch, No signs of holes like in taller girl.

14. #54 Knee Deep, Aug 6, 2008
    Next the LST, this plant was pretty tiny 3 days ago, really impressive growth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LST 3 day growth comparison side by side.

day 23
    [​IMG]
    day 25/going on 26
    [​IMG]

This babe was annoying me at first, but im really starting to like this one.

15. #55 Knee Deep, Aug 6, 2008
    and taller girl, she got *possibly* eaten on by bugs last night, but the damage has not spread, and i still havent seen any bugs on my plants, thats checking every 2 hours or so.

[​IMG]
    See how she kinda shines, Shes oily as hell and when you touch her your hands REEK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see in this closeup the damage isnt spreading, but im afraid the dead around the little holes is gonna spread, killing the whole leaf.
    [​IMG]

Shes really healthy, and a good inch and half taller than the others. she also has a stronger smell.

16. heres some random shots of foliage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I have a question, The ends of my leaves are slightly droopy tonight, i know its not nute burn because i havent fed in a week, what i suspect, is that i watered them heavier than i had before yesterday to get a decent run off, and i think they may be slightly over watered, i suspect by morning or tomorrow they will hopefully stretch back out. heres 2 pics for example, look about right?
    [​IMG]

And Do you see anything that could be a pre flower in this pic? i saw something tiny i thought may be the start of a pre flower, but im not sure if its gonna show up in the pic or not:
    [​IMG]

And Thanks in advance for checking out my journal, thats all for tonight:wave:

17. Yep those looks like the beginnings of preflowers. And very healthy plants.

18. thanks glad to see someone new in my journal:D nice name by the way....

19. they look good, keep up the good work

20. as i suspected this morning, my plants werent drooping, so i guess they just had a lil excess water..