New Grower, Cfl, Closet Cab, BagSeed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Knee Deep, Aug 1, 2008.

1. day 22: 18 hour growth comparison on shorty's top:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, i have decided shortys slight taco was caused by underwatering, ive been very sparing as i dont want to have any problems, well i watered yesterday and today the taco problem has vanished.!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Not really much else to update, probably wont post any more pics for a couple days, so that growth is more noticeable.....:smoking:

2. i like them over there, the mods & admins are super helpful & very professional.

3. florel, a chemical spray is the same thing, ethylene gas in a liquid. i bought some & it worked, well idk if it worked but i ended up w/ females. the only thing is it causes mild senescence of the plants, & can kill if made to strong.

4. so i was thinking of a expiremnt to do with a group of plants.. Say you start from seed and get your plants to sprout. lets say we have 10 plants to start out. what if you let those grow and veg for about a month then take a clone clipping from each of them and put them into a different box with same conditions but you place nanners in it.. Label both sides so you know what clone came from what plant and then sat back and waited for the results. If they switched sex during this stage would it not in a way show that nanners can influence? A crazy thought that crossed my mind at work...

5. try it, it should give results

6. hmm.. well in theory stress changes sex change... so would that type of stress cause mixed results though? With using clones and what not

7. yes, but thats the closest thing ur gonna get to a control, but i dont think it would work anyway, bc u have to put the banannas around the plants between wk 2-4, so u wont even get the chance to clone, if u went longer they will prob show sex b4 u clone.

8. Hey I thought I'd chime in and just say your plants look really good. I was floored when I first saw a banana in the pot. I clicked on that link to read about the purpose behind the whole banana in the pot and I think it's fascinating. Tell me, when do you put the banana in with the plant? While it's vegging or right before flowering? Also will you be be LSTing your plants? Nice setup best of luck to you! pEaCe;)

9. Hey thanks for checking in on my grow, and welcome to GC.....nanners at week 2-3 for me, and leave them until you start flowering, check up on my journal in about 2 weeks and hopefully ill have sexed my plants, so well see how the results go. +rep for all the kind words:D edit: and yes i have started lst on one of the three plants, i bent the stem between the 3rd and 4th node about a week ago, and its looking pretty good, but my other 2 plants are so bushy i really dont think i could lst if i wanted to, shortys nodes arent even a half inch apart lol.....ill have some new pics up tomorrow, and ill take some of the lst....peace

10. I think you risk creating hermaphrodite plants... plants that have qualities of both males and females. They are useless and should be gotten rid of just like males. Honestly, I like this bannana idea, but if you're concerned about the sex just grow 2 plants instead of one. 50-60% chance of a seed being female. Pretty good odds, besides male plants give you something at least to smoke while you're waiting for the good stuff to finish.

btw, I'm very excited to follow this grow to the finish. I've always wanted to grow bagseed (females only), and then take it back to my dealer and show him I have the same stuff as him but waaaaay better and without seeds, lol. No, but seriously great job!

11. Got Some pics to update :cool:

First here is the pics of the LST plant im working on, The first bend was kinda sloppy, but over all i think its working out well, because this baby wasnt bushing out like the others so thats why i picked it for the LST:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Much smaller than the others but i can see some really nice growth head straight up and lookin fine.......

And here is another bubbler, probably my fav, because its super super thick, ive dropped it countless times:
    [​IMG]

And Here are just some random shots i took a couple mins ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and im going to post these 2 pics beside themselves, so later on when i go back in this journal i can see and note some things:
    Day 21
    [​IMG] day 23
    [​IMG]

Well thats all for tonight, ;)

Edit: WOW, i thought the babes werent really growing the past couple days, but comparing those last 2 pics you can notice a HUGE amount of growth imo. WOOO HOOOO

12. Today marks exactly one week until i start 12/12...Unless i have any problems, ill update next monday....

And This is what finally made me decide to grow. This is the quality of herb i smoke pretty much all the time. Headies are rare with my connections, and when they are around i refuse to pay what people charge. Soooo soon enough i will be smoking something that tastes good...So here it is The standard 20 dollar eighth quality for around here:
    [​IMG]

13. Hey man your plants looking healthy. I like how squatty and bushy it is. good luck and keep it up. :smoking:

14. Yep, me too

15. lookin nice & healthy, any sex signs yet?

16. nope not yet, still on 24/0 and dont wanna do 18/6, plus im going out of town this weekend, and start 12/12 when i get back. But no preflowers i can see. But i may have ran into my first problem. I belive it to either be bugs, or light burn, im kinda leaning twords light burn cause theres not signs of bugs that i can see. What happened was this: I watered today before work, and i fed a light epsom salt folier(sp) feed, i had them in the shade when they were misted, but had to leave for work so i had to put them back in and they were kinda still wet. Now i just got back from work and on one of the plants i notice little tiny and i mean small, holes near the vein, and it kinda looks like it was burned. Now i havent fed in 6 days so i dont think its nute burn. I hope its just the lights, im gonna finish dinner and go snap a pic to see what you guys think. I think its light burn because its the taller of the 3 plants, so it was about an inch closer to the lights.

17. SHIT SHIT SHIT, upon further inspection i did find some little critters in my soil!!!!! Its crazy because i only worked a 4 hour shift, and when i left there was no damage, and there is no sign of them on my plant.

Ok there is no way to get a picture of the insects, but from what i can see they are about half the size of an ant, they look whitish and seem to have a lot of little legs, and it was moving really fast through the soil, slightly under the soil actually. What scares me is i will have ZERO money for 8 days, so unless someone has a home remedy, im really FREAKING OUT right now, almost a month of no problems at all, and now i see little white things, and have little holes in a couple leaves, FUCK. any ways heres the pic is this infact insect damage? or could it still be light burn, and i just happened to see the bugs. there were only 2 bugs i found. and there is no traces of them on the leaves OTHER THAN these little holes. And 2 of my plants are left untouched. anyways here are the pics

[​IMG]

18. yep your right, I did some studing on misting and folar feeding. STOP MISTING

1st. your roots dont grow strong because they getting so much water from the misting they dont have to work and grow as deep.

2nd. those little water mist on the leaves act like a magnifing glass when light shines through them and burns your leaves.

3rd. once you start flowering you can get alot of bud rot & mold

19. O.K insects try ladybugs. they work quick and they dont damage your plant.

20. Well the more i read, the less convinced i am its the bugs i saw, i looked through the plant abuse chart, and the bugs i saw in my soil dont match any of the pics. Also, the damage to me doesnt really look like any of the options on the chart either, except for maybe "leaf miners" but the holes arent in lines. Also i know its not spider mites, and 2 big to be thirps i think. SO i just dont know, i guess ill just have to wait and see how its doing tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm from maybe past expierience whether or not this is a bug problem, what it could be. I mean for those holes to appear in a 4 hour span just blows my mind. im stumped. But at the same time i dont want to give it TO much attention, because id hate to love it to death.

One theory i do have howeveer, though i dont know how feasible it is. After i misted the plants, the drops of water ran down to the middle of the leaf, leaving a sorta magnifying glass stream on the leaves, there for only burning the middle? Is that possible, or does it look for sure to be bugs?

Man i gots to go smoke a bowl, any input would be lovely.:confused: