New Grower, Cfl, Closet Cab, BagSeed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Knee Deep, Aug 1, 2008.

1. #1 Knee Deep, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
    Well i thought i would share my progress, hoping to get any input that could help better my grow. Right now i have a cab inside of a closet, growing three babies, who are 3 weeks old today.
    Supplies: 14 cfl between 300k-6500k some are 23 watt some are 26 watt.
    generic potting soil, perlite, vermiculite, mgap 24-8-16, a lil h202, and epsom salts. Mylar, flat white paint, cardboard, 2-3 gallon pots, 2 4in fans, 1 12 in fan. and a 5 dollar ph test strips, and some spring water with a ph of 6.4, and of course i am now a member of the banana religion, which i learned of on another site.

I germinated 6 seeds, kept the best 4, and now have kept the best 3 babes. Started them in dixie cups and transplanted after 1 week, due to compacted soil. I have had no real problems thus far, except shorting is having a very slight tacoing on a couple of leafs. Cant figure out whats causing it though.

i have a bunch of pics at 3 weeks, let me see if can figure out how to post them...enjoy!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

first 3 plant pics are my girl "hopefully" named shorty
    the next plant closeups are of my taller hopefully girl named "Taller Girl"

Anyone know what could be causing the slight taco in shorty?
    do they look healthy for 3 weeks?
    any and all input appreciated, later.

2. lookin good, i see your trying the bananna trick, keep us posted.

3. thanks J, yeh i learned about the nanners over on gardens cure. Ive had them in there since day 11, just 2 though, im leaving the lst one without a nanner as to see if it goes male.

welp im bored so i snapped a couple more pics in the shade right after watering/misting

enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Man oh man, im having way to much fun with this grow, i dont think ill ever stop, and this is just bagseed.

P.s. I will start 12/12 on aug 11. I would like to start it earlier but im going camping on the the 8th and figure it would be better to start when i can be there in case the timer doesnt work etc...

welp im off, ill update in a few days once new growth is noticable and/or any problems arise. So far i must say, i was worried cfls werent going to cut it, but im really happy with the results thus far, mainly because i dont have to worry about temps hardly at all.

4. Its A fairly large Religion lol

5. If you looked closely at the circled regions on this leaf, you will see a slight yellow/light greening occurring right beside the vein, its only present on a couple leaves and i only notice it under a magnifying glass, but it seems sorta splotchy and random in its showing, anyone fill me in on what this would be a sign of? I just fed them on wed its now fri 4:00 pm, and watered lightly with distilled water today. any advice, or am i just paranoid????? later,:wave: oh i forgot to mention, i have searched for bugs, with and without a mag glass, and i havent found any traces at all. and i did touch them without washing my hands yesterday.

[​IMG]

6. paranoia. are u a member @ gardens cure. i am

7. yep i am, I dont post much over there though. I used to frequent its sister site ALL the time, but the mods got super strict and made the general forums/section no fun, since i didnt grow at the time i left, and started just browsing on GC lol. SO here i am, but i Still love gardens cure real professional over there. my name over there used to be SublimeStylee. But im not sure if its even still active or not.

8. bananas and buds.
    :)

Sweet start bro.

Good luck!

Peace:)

9. My Grows Official Theme Song.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKSzm8i1ekw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKSzm8i1ekw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:wave:

10. im bored today, may as well try to make this interesting while the babes are growin'

Here is the bubbler thats been getting the most use lately, ill post more pipes another day.
    [​IMG]

And since im bored, here is a pic of the shirt im wearing today, fits the setting quite well....

[​IMG] :cool:

11. Could a banana that's not quite ripened (light green) work?

I love how the video is 4:20 long

12. just practicing close ups, gonna need to get good at it for when flowering comes....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. yes a green banana is best, the purpose is as the fruit ripens it releases ethylene gas, which promotes feminine traits in plants. So if you get green bananas and let them stay until there browning your getting the most ethylene, theoretically of course....peace!

14. so a banna in the bottom promotes fems? How often does it actually work? I never heard of that before..

15. Its a theory nothing proven just a lot of people with a lot of good results, thats why on this other site i frequent its refered to as a religion, i posted a link to a thread with all the nanner info you need a couple posts up. So i cant say for sure that the nanners are gonna give me fems, but ive got a good feeling.:hello:

16. so.. no real idea of how often it works?

17. do you even need that info? jesus all you gotta do is put a bannana next to your plant not like itll kill it if you try dude. (btw im not flaming)

nice plants dude

18. i got a banana you can put next to your plant