New grower accident! please help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johngoodman, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hi everyone i am new and i am growing some tomatoes plants for a class project.

If i have 5 plants sprouting up in one pot and then cut 4 of them off at the stem above the soil, will the roots die and leave just the one?

Any help will be highly appreciated:eek:!

2. Weird question, but isnt that what people do when they cut down a tree to a stump, the tree dies. Also people cut down to the bottom stem for harvesting, so I would imagine so.

3. Ok here is my situation. I just transplanted my 3 week olds into 2L bottles with he tops cut off (I ave a tight budget) and while in the process of transplanting i did everything right. Only when i was taking the plants out, the soil broke apart and exposed the roots to the light and may have repositioned the roots when placing in the larger container because the plants are leaning a little now:confused:.

Any thoughts on if my plants are going to go into shock because of this?

4. They may for a couple days...keep them out of direct sunlight for a few days.

5. But I'm doing indoor 400w hps 18/6. Should I leave them out of the light for 3 days?

6. Put them in a window sill or something for a few days.

7. you can keep it in the same room just not right under the lamp. She will be fine might stunt a bit but she will keep growing just "sitting sideways" lol (sorry a little blunted at the moment) Avoid a feeding or overdoing anything. If its a soil grow dont overwater etc.