new grower...450 watt grow?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by HighlyHigh, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I want to grow about 3-5 plants but I'm kinda sketched about using more than 450 watts. I've read that when police do fly overs with thermal vision they look for heat sigs more than 450 watts. Idk how true that is, but I don't want to take any risks. Also, I want to keep my electrical bill as low as I possibly can, so 450 watts seems like a lot less power than 1000w. Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Like I said in the title, I'm a new grower (this will be my very first time). Idk if I should use HID, LED, Florescent, halogen or what. Any advice will help.
    Just as a side note, My grow room is going to be 4x4x6. If that's too small or to big please let me know. I plan on making a journal in the near future when I figure out just what the fuck I'm doing. :smoke:
    Thanks

2. Get a 600 at least imo for a 4x4. If you vent the heat from the tent into your house, not outside of it, there is no way FLIR cameras can see that since the heat will be dispersed throughout the entire house. Use a carbon filter for the smell, don't tell anyone, don't do anything stupid, and you won't get caught. Don't worry about the power company tipping off police either. A gaming PC can use 600 watts, that much power would never, ever be cause for anyone to be suspicious of you.

3. How could I vent the heat throughout my house? Also, any ideas on what type of light I should use? I was thinking HID

4. Yeah 600 watt HPS. Just vent the heat directly from the tent straight into whatever room you have the tent in, that's all. The heat will disperse throughout the room. Just don't try to run ducting and vent through a hole in the outside wall or window. That causes concentrated hot spots on the outside of your house that FLIR cameras can detect.