New Grower, 3 Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by farklem, Mar 5, 2010.

1. where do you buy that?

2. #22 farklem, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
    It's definitely time for an update (I've been busy so I haven't updated my grow log). I decided to take these pictures with my other video camera since it does stills easily but it doesn't white balance well or take stills with motion in them at all (I'm working on getting a nice digital camera for this).

I have been taking off leaves that are starting to die (especially if it is blocking the light to a bud-site). I have noticed that all these leaves have purple steams and the others are green. There are pictures of the last leaves cut from each of the plants. I gave plant 1 a 1/4 strength dose of the fox-farm regiment and I noticed a little nutrient burn on some of the older dying leaves so I will try 1/8 strength to that plant next feeding and see how it reacts. The other plants have still had no nutrients.

A few of the pistils on the plants have changed to brown/orange which from what I understand is normal. The plants are starting to smell a little (its a pine-tree smell) and they are getting sticky (I definitely see the crystals)! I can't wait to see what happens over the next month.

Attached Files:

3. They look nice and healthy to me, I wouldn't have removed those leaves until they are half dead not yellow but half the leaf dead then remove. It's not a big deal though. They will start to yellow and die off let the plant suck up some nutes from it when it gets all pocked and you can easily just pull it away its for it to go. In flowering try tucking them under the buds instead of removing them too if they are healthy but blocking light.

4. Thanks for the info Bohbo, I will wait longer to take dying leaves. I have been tucking the healthy leaves under the buds too (I only took dying leaves that blocked light). IMO there is no good reason to take a healthy leaf.

I ordered some mylar the other day so I can't wait to hang that.

5. Ok, its day 32 of flower (44 days since I got the clones). I'm taking Bohbo's advice and letting the plant suck up the leftover nutes from the dying leaves.

They are starting to smell a bit more and its a good smell (nice and sticky too). I decided to wait a bit longer to start giving nutes (I gave plant 1 some nutes over a week ago but I think it was a tad bit strong).

Whats the best way to judge when they have used up the nutes in the OF soil?

Attached Files:

6. Well its day 35 and its not a huge update but I hung some of the mylar and man is it bright. I attached some pics.

I'm still wondering if anyone has an answer to the following question: "Whats the best way to judge when they have used up the nutes in the OF soil?"

Attached Files:

7. With a ppm meter I believe.

I use ffof and the fox farm line of nutes and I begin feeding 1 week before the switch

8. I hope everyone had a good 420. Its day 42 of flowering and the plants are still alive. I gave 2 of the plants 1/8th strength FF regiment for week 9+ on their schedule. One of the plants has already had this and seemed just fine. I gave that plant fresh water and the other plants got the 1/8th strength and all of the plants started to look pale at the same time which seamed a little strange to me.

Attached Files:

9. Well its been a while since I posted (I've bee keeping busy). I have harvested all the plants about 2 weeks ago. I harvested them a little early but man it is some good smoke (its better than a lot of the stuff I've gotten from dispensaries). I ended up with about 1/2 oz per plant of dried bud.

Next time I will get more pictures of the harvest. Here are some pics of the blue-berry plant after I cut and trimmed it.

Attached Files: