new growbox what do ya think

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sweet tooth, Jun 25, 2006.

1. i have just made this grow box please tell me if you think it is ok or if its not ??
    ive put 2 computer fans at the bottom blowing air in and 2 at the top blowing out.

keep on tokin

Attached Files:

2. i dont know if its an issue or not for you but you should build some light traps over the vents. i made mine out of cardboard. its easy as hell

3. i was just going to cover them up with some thing. do you have a pic of this light trap.
    i need to get a dimmer switch as well.
    thankyou

4. Looks good. But I am an outside grower.

5. nice bro .... what happened Run outta tape on the bottum of the boxxx ... nice idea

6. thanks everyone for the info

keep on tokin

7. This is a quick demonstration of how to knock up a basic light baffle to allow air intake into your growroom. Excuse the graphics, I did it in a hurry. I made this one out of thick cardboard but you can replicate it with wood.

A : First cut a rectangle out of the bottom of your door, leaving enough space either side to give strength to the door. The area of the rectangle should be approximately 5 X the area of your fan exhaust.

[​IMG]

B : Add 3 rectangular sides in the positions shown to form the outlines of a box. The width 'X' should be twice the distsnce 'Z'. The length 'Y' is arbitrary but about 3 or 4 times 'X' should be sufficient. Because I used cardboard, I just connected everything with opaque sticky tape.

[​IMG]

C : Complete the box by putting on a bottom panel. This would be a good time to start painting the inside with black matt paint. Remember to paint as you go along, because you can't do it once the box is assembled! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

D : Place the middle panel in the box and secure in place with some pins or small nails in the positions indicated by the arrows.Then seal around the edge with tape. The gap at the top should be the same size as the hole in the door.

[​IMG]

E : Finally, connect the front panel as shown.

[​IMG]

F : When complete, your extraction fan will draw air into the growroom in the manner shown by the arrows. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this will be of some use to you.

8. throw some of those laundry sheets in that light trap and u got a filter

im going to test it out

peace
    dirty

9. nice setup sweet tooth, loving the box:hello:
    just a quick question, how do you wire your computer fans up? I'm currently building my grow closet and will need about 9 fans.Pic's would be great:)
    Be sure start a journal when you start your grow.

10. I just wired them together and power with a car battery charger works a treat .

have a look at my albums

please rate my pics

keep on tokin n posting

11. thanks for the detailed diagram i will have to make one when i move into bigger room.

keep on tokin n posting

12. Just wire the fan to a 12v power cord. Or what I did, I got 4 fans on a 15v power cord, less sound and still does the job.

13. Just checked out your pic's sweet tooth, very nice you should be proud:hello:

Forgive me for sounding stupid:rolleyes: but will i be able to wire up 9 fans to a single 12v adapter or will i need 9 separate adapters:confused: Sorry guys/girls but when it comes to electrics i don't have a clue.:confused_2:
    (EDIT)
    Sorry, just read Mystic Man's comment.You know how it is when you have a few spliffs, takes a while before stuff sinks in.

14. i am a very happy man this was my 1st real attemt at growing and i cant belive its growing so well had a few problems but i think its all good now. she seems to have slowed right down now not sure if when i had to change the lighting from 6am to 6pm - to 6pm to 6am purley because of the heat during the day and that im running a 600 hps very hot. anyway will take some pics soon.

as to your fans just try and see if it works i run my 4 off a normal car battery charger i just used eletrical connecting bloks then just connect to the carger cables and hey presto.

trail and error thats whats it all about

good luck

keep on tokin n posting:smoking:

15. i noticed on your pics that you had some problems with your leaves.Did you find out what the problem was? looks poss like heat or light burn.I had this when i used tin foil,is this what ur using?

16. im using its like duct tape not sure if it works like tin foil maybe i should just paint the inside flat white?. i have noticed a few of my leaves are going brown and drying out to a crisp and im not sure whats causeing it the rest of the plant looks fine thoe will post pic later today need to recharge the battery.

whats going on with me leaves??

keep on tokin n postin:smoking:

17. Well you could, I mean not 9.. The more power you give one fan, its speed will be super fast, most likely over heat or somethin. I wired 4, so it dived the power up.if you got nine fans, just get about 3 or so 12v cords, and wire 3 to one cord. Im not a wire person, but I hav done alot of this fans stuff.

18. you could allso wire in a dimmer switch so you can control the speed of your fans.

keep on tokin n postin:smoking:

19. The cardboatd will hold the weight of the light? Great idea

20. On my first grow i attempted to wire up my exhaust fan to a dimmer switch and nearly ended up blowing my hands off.You think for a 28 year old i would have learned something about electrics by now:eek:
    On the plus side i bumped into a mate who Ive not seen for 10 years and his now an electrician.So that will come in very handy:D .
    Sweet tooth hope those plants are OK.