new growbox help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by greennovice, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hi all, I'm working on a grow box and i need some advice for my next steps. the cabinet im using measures 24.1" by 11.6" by 31.5". Once i get the tools i need, i plan on cutting some holes in the top and just drop the light fixtures from there. my main question is what i should do for ventilation and light cooling. any advice would be great.

Attached Files:

2. does anyone have some advice for me?

3. With a small box like that you can get away with a high static pressure 120mm fan, such as scythe ultra kaze 3k (must be mounted venting horizontal for longer life) or silverstone fn121 or noctua p12. I have used the scythes in my grow cubes pulling through a filter without issues.

4. if i were to use computer fans, how could i power them?

5. #5 inda, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    Go get a fake Nintendo wii power supply that is what I use for my 12v stuff. It has 3.7 amps 12VDC which is enough for 6 of the higher power PC fans without pushing it to hard. The flat side is the positive.

$6 power supply

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Power-Adaptor-Nintendo-Wii-Console/dp/B003KOXX3E/ref=sr_1_14?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1311409217&sr=1-14]Amazon.com: AC Power Adaptor for Nintendo Wii Console: Video Games[/ame]

You could run it through a PC fan controller to slow fans down your trying to keep noise down.