new grow tent...feedback and ideas?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by bearleethinkin, Nov 25, 2013.

1. so ive recently changed my grow tent. im currently using a 200 watt cfl 6500k, 23 watt cfl 6500k, 23 watt cfl 2700k, and a led 5000k 13.5 watts. its soiless soil. 30% perlite, 30% vermiculite, and 40% peat moss shavings. the plant on the right is headband and its about 3-4 weeks old and the plant on the left is a sour diesel about a week old. the two in the coco pots are headband not yet sprouted. the temperature is generally around 65 at night and 80 during the day. the ph is around 6.3 constantly with general use of bio root, diamond black, biothrive plant food. all are general organic brand. 1125130319a.jpg 1125130319c.jpg

Attached Files:

2. i just realized i didnt put my question in there. im a fucking idiot. sorry guys. um...i havent seen any substantial plant growth in the past week after moving to the new light. is this normal? or shouldnt the plant just start harnessing the new light right off the bat? like i said the ph level is generally perfect and it seemed a little stunted at a week old because of a transplant gone wrong. other than that, im not sure why it has only grow a miniscule amount...any advice on this is appreciated guys. and sorry for the stupidity on my part lol

3. Ditch the cfl's and get some power in thereSent from my NSA recording device.

4. Like stumpie said get a light, it will help.

By the way the soil less seems like a fucked up way to grow, fucking with ph and feeding them a chemical soup.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope you get it dialed in soon.

5. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19093678" timestamp="1386090713"]Like stumpie said get a light, it will help.By the way the soil less seems like a fucked up way to grow, fucking with ph and feeding them a chemical soup.I do wish you the best of luck and hope you get it dialed in soon.[/quote]lol I have a 200 watt cfl feliz grow light in there. and could you elaborate on chemical soup and why it's fucked up going soilless? I really wanna figure out if I'm doing something wrong here.Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. those other cfls are just there to illuminate sides of the plant.Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. What I see is a steep learning curve to get a kick ass grow, just like hydro is a bitch to get started and growing strong.

makes me stick to organic soil, poor coco growers are always fucking with that stuff.

8. it's ph neutral so Idk why they have to mess with it. unless they get nute burn and that's not the Cocos fault lolSent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. bumpSent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app