New Grow stealth box.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by t0ker33fa, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Hey all, I have grown on two occasions, both times they were male.
    I have never used a legit box first one was a cardboard box, the second was my closet. Now I am going to build a stealth nightstand, this time I'm determined to get a harvest, hopefully going to get a clone.. back to the subject, I'm planning on getting this together when I scrap up the funds.
    I will update the blueprints as it gets closer to the date to build, I am open to suggestions and improvements. Well heres the blueprints:

Attached Files:

2. Don't build, modify.

Look at Craigslist, if available. Sit tight for a few weeks, find the PERFECT armoire, wardrobe, nightstand, side table, filing cabinet...the list goes on and on and on...but it will look TOTES LEGIT.

Then, modify it accordingly.

It will look like a piece of furniture. Seal lights right (don't use spray foam, it does not block light for sht, trust me), ensure ventilation is way over compensated for, pre-design your filtering/odor control, etc. Spend the money (and time) you would spend building your own piece of furniture (which, unless you're nasty at carpentry, is exceedingly difficult to get to look nice) instead modifying the right sized piece for your purposes.

Spend the two weeks you would have spent building, instead scouring the internet, local flea markets, yard sales, (see the Sunday paper!) etc., find the right piece. Since you know what you're looking for, you can somewhat "pre-design" your plans, but obv. keep in mind you might have to modify those plans depending on the specifics of your projects. For example, doors/hinges on different pieces of furniture are vastly different, and will have to be compensated for only after you have the piece.. Basically, what I'm saying is that you'll have to build around the design of the box, to a certain extent.

Also, keep in mind what "cloning" entails. Unless you intend on flowering your clone from the start, you'll need a small chamber separate for raising said clone(s). This adds significant complexity to "I'll throw some seeds in some dirt under some lights and get pot that I can smoke!" Though, to be fair, it has been done.

I remember this dude, back in the DAY (like, late 90s, when OG was big) who had 2 plants in two dirt pots, musta been some magic dirt or something, with two, four foot flouros leaning over them, in the corner of his closet. Had one small table fan off to the side, nothing else...DAMN if the mutherfocker wasn't lucky enough to get two girls, with HUGE buds, all for like $30 of setup (not sure how much magic dirt costs). 'Twas ridiculous.

Repost herein and let us know how it goes!

3. Alright thanks man, I didn't even think of craigslist. Weather strip type things would seal it up right?

4. Is it just me or is there no intake plan on the blueprints:confused:

5. Yeah i forgot to drop one in, will the intake need a carbon filter also?

6. No, Just the exhaust needs the carbon scrubber. You can either have it sucking air from the carbon filter to the exhaust fan and out the cabinet, or you can have it sucking the oder from the exhaust fan out the cabinet and into the carbon filter. Either way is effective, it's just a matter of if you want the scrubber in the cabinet or exposed outside of the cabinet.

7. Alight, thanks for clearing that up for me.:)