New grow set up take a look

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jonnysf, Oct 14, 2018.

1. New grow set up with two cabs max height in big cab is under 3ft after lights and such height in the second is 21inches LST, Scrog , Mainlineing FTW. Waiting for Auto AK, Auto White Widow, Auto Northern lights, and Auto Cream Cookies (not cookies and creame) seeds to come in from Alibongo and seedsupreme. Let me know what you think, not done yet though will post more pics so follow. 20181013_194823.jpg 20181013_194830.jpg 20181013_194838.jpg 20181013_194843.jpg 20181013_194853.jpg

Sent from my LG-M327 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. All done, just a little light leakage and a carbon scrubber at the output :)

Running 100watt Sungods in the short cab and 3 led socket style lights, and two Led 75watt actual draw in the taller one. If anyone buys an LED from wish just know its complete BS when it comes to the actual wattage onw of my leds is rated 600watts the other 1000watts both draw 75watt the 1k actually draws like 73.8watts. 20181014_224618.jpg 20181014_224628.jpg 20181014_224636.jpg 20181014_224650.jpg 20181014_225117.jpg 20181014_225137.jpg

Sent from my LG-M327 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Looks good. It would be better to use Mars Hydro light. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Si Sinor lol:judge: I agree. I had first tried to get 3 mars hydros 2 300watts and 1 600watt for 80$ the guy on craigslist never answered though. I got both of these on wish for 60$ a piece and together produce 150watts actual draw only 100watts less than the actual draw of a mars hydro 600watt. I also got one free after disputing false advertising about the wattage because no where had they stated the actual draw just the theoretical based on # of LED's Xs each LEDS "wattage capabilities". So 60$ for both LED lights which both are internal fan cooled and full spectrum not just red and blue.:icgreen:

Right now i'm putting everything together and leaning towards making these two cabs micro hydro setups.
    My order from seedsupreme got taken at customs good thing for insurance, now to wait more, just gives more time to make these cabs A1.:rave-girl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Also in your experience how close can you put a mars 600 before you get a bad photosynthesis response? I was thinking these being 75watt actual draws they can be closer than 1 light emitting 250-270watt actual draw as far as light intensity goes.

6. may i suggest.... not using the short cab for flower, stagger the grows and veg in it then move them to the tall cab to finish....????? 21'' is way short man and I have a very short grow cab, 33" from floor to glass/lights.

in the big flower chamber, if u hang the lights as high as they'll go, how many inches is it from floor to bottom of light.?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. That's Why I'm going autos. In the short cab I'm going to mainline and LST and i know some other creative methods that I can employ with the width and depth and amount of light in the short one. With an 8inch pot after light i have only 8inch of growing space which is a little more than a pc box i'm sure i can get 10 inches of vertical with the right pot but i have 4ft total width 2ft per plant and a depth of 20inches. So a 2x2 square with 10inches of vertical grow space after lights and pot height subtracted should be pretty decent after employing Scrog, Mainlining, LST and some defoliation. Those are almost ft long colas ;):icgreen:

The tall one is 41 inches. After highest lights can go with proper ventilation (the exhaust on them face upwards so at least 2-3 inches of space between them and ceiling is all that's needed thanks to the exhaust built into the high side) I have . 35-36 inches after a decent 2gal hempy im looking at about 28-29 inches of vertical height which can easily attain 4ft plant trained right.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'mma sub up. Came from your seed post. Curious to see you use that tiny spot to flower, but I agree with SloldGuy unless you get a quantum board in there.
    First grow, or new setup/first time ordering seeds?

9. Thankyou thankyou !
    Here's a link to one I did in a cab the same size 4yrs ago though they turned male Cabinet 2 plant CFL SCROG Grow

And another attempt from 8yrs ago
    I shall grow!!! Pics :)

After the space taken from lights and pot I have 9 inches about double the space in a pc box after lights and pot.

The interesting thing I'm going to try since I CANT FIND ANY INFO ON IT ANYWHERE!!! is a "hempy" bus boy tub. Either a 7inch tall or 5inch tall one. Check out a rough I just drew up to present the idea (easier than trying to explain it) I'm shooting for a 5inch because it will give me 11inch total height after lights and pot 7inch I have 9, I'm aiming for an oz per plant a QP every 3 months from autos, though I'm sure my taller cab I can see push that alone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. cover the tub loosely, it will give u 20 - 40% more root room.!
    WIN_20180928_00_32_39_Pro.jpg these r 7.5" tall, about 6" octagon shaped, hold almost one gal. of coco/perlite,
    the tops r covered with 2 'half moon' shaped pieces of aluminum trim coil for vinyl siding,
    WIN_20181019_11_56_12_Pro.jpg my 6'' for flower and a 10" momma cover
    WIN_20181019_11_57_11_Pro.jpg WIN_20181019_11_57_24_Pro.jpg both r over half the circle so they lap when in place, this loosely covers the top and the roots grow up to the very top of the coco mix, works with peat mixes also, these were made for a peat mix.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. that is why i suggested using the short cab to get a big jump start on the big cab's next run.!
    with the big cab finishing plants sooner u can get way over the QP target.!
    let them bigger LED's do the work and when u swap to QB's it'll be a bud fest like you've never seen before.!!

are those Sungods actual 100 watts each.?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Very very ingenious way to replicate the soil cap method, I actually want to put about an inch of soil for a starting medium and to have the cap hydraulics. And boy those are some thick buds ^_^

13. Quantum Boards
    coco/perlite
    GH dry fert's
    city water
    pH up/down
    lots of love.! LOL,
    they actually get abused quite often,
    gonna have to talk with the plant maintenance personnel.! LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I am thinking that for the second run. Growing all the way to harvest in that short cab has been a 9yr goal that failed a few times once because of police and family.. and 2nd they ended up being males and i didn't give another run. so I wana see it through lol

For the second I'm thinking about a 30/40 30 in the short and 40 in the second maybe 50 whatever she takes for an auto.
    I'm thinking of another humid germ box ontop of the tall cab with a single sungod for a complete system cycle

Yesir 100watts each 500watt equiv I think ... Dual spectrum 2 loops 2700k and 2 loop 6500k 26$ on ebay I tend to go a little crazy with cfls cause you can lol Im waiting for the other e27 Led bulbs to come in theyre both 75watt equiv 14watt actual draw
    :icgreen:

15. How close can you get the quantum's to the girls?

16. And do you have a preference over liquid ferts? Ferts is what I'm new to. I know soil amending. I am good at chem though so asking is just saving research time lol

17. my flower twigs r about 10" from the LED's, but the QB's sit on glass above the grow chamber,
    WIN_20180831_16_03_09_Pro.jpg WIN_20180831_16_00_51_Pro.jpg WIN_20180831_16_02_43_Pro.jpg WIN_20180831_16_02_01_Pro.jpg

the kind of fertilizer does not matter, gotta have the right numbers in the guaranteed analysis.
    WIN_20180411_18_29_11_Pro.jpg these r complete, i don't have to add cal/mag or anything else,
    1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon per gallon, I like simple.!
    liquid fert's r easier to dissolve, dry powders can take a lot of shaking.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. interesting does it dissolve well? I'm thinking with dry there might be some filtration from the water when poured through perlite maybe causing unstable ph???

19. as long as it is mixed well there is absolutely no difference between mixed powder and liquid ferts.!

• Friendly Friendly x 1