New grow, seedling sowed to shallow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by evilcult, Apr 10, 2014.

1. So after some reading and suggestions on my other thread, i started a fresh.  Started germinating (water and then paper towel method) new seeds on the 8th of April, they started to sprout on the 9th, and then i put them in to the soil also on the 9th.  3 of the four were planted round about noon the other seed took a bit longer to sprout, when i checked bout 9 at night, it sprouted and it was then also planted. 

Today, i see one has already broken through the soil, but its the one that sprouted last and its lying on its side, it did not stand up and fall down afaik, it was lying ever since (or so i think). 

So i am thinking that i might have messed up and planted it a bit shallow.

Question is now, do I leave it, will it stand up straight, or can I cover it with a bit more soil now?

Picture of the plant in question:

Top View:
    [​IMG]

Side View
    [​IMG]

2. If the root is digging itself down "litfa" it and be strong just a thin cover just to keep the light off the tap root...

3. it will stand up straight..you can get that shell off by taking a drop of water on your finger and put it on to soak a few mins they gently pull it off with a toothpick..it should slide off easy dont use force if it doesnt

4. Thanks for the replies so far.

By "lifta", do you mean lift up via tooth pick or something similiar?

Will it do any damage if i leave the shell on there for another day or so?

5. It means leave it the fuck alone lol I would let the seed push it off but that's just my opinion.... I would just cover the root a lil and "litfa" it trust me on this...

looks like its going to pop off anyways so yea leave it a couple days..theres a big enough split where the leaves will get light i just have to pull mine off from low humidity mostly

haha, lol. ok, im slow tonight, i almost LIFTad it :D

Thanks, will give it a day or two and report back.

9. Ill be waiting......

I'm here to grow the best meds that the soil can offer......

10. Tizzy you can put a bowl of water in your tent to help get your humidity up I do it

I'm here to grow the best meds that the soil can offer......

11. Lol at lifta with a toothpick. Classic.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. There was no need to germinate it in paper towels of you're growing in soil. Next time drop them straight in the soil about an inch deep, water in and leave it. 3-5 it will break the surface and there is no risk of damaging the root.

As it still has the seed casing on you probably did drop it a little too shallow. It's also fallen to the side, I would dump another inch of soil on top and water in. The seed casing will soften and be left behind. The seedling will push through that extra inch within 24 hours