New grow room. YOU CHOOSE THE SETUP!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Hiflyer0208, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hi gc crew, ive got a new space to grow in (specs. Below). Ive been growing from cuttings which i clone in an aero prop then transplant to a soilless mix. Im halfway through my second stint. Ive had great results but soil is alot of work, repotting six plants 3 times is alot of effort.

My new growroom is 1.2/3/2 (w/l/h) ive got 2 air cooled hoods a 10" fan with thermostat 600w hps x 2 i might get another if required.ive got a tent for vegging.
    I have already thought of two possible ways to fill the space. Cycle and scrog.

I was thinking about doing 6 cuttings every month and a half and vegging for 1month (cloning takes 10 days for roots 4-6 inches long, i keep them in the prop for 2 weeks total) and the flowering cycle is 2.5 months this would give me a 6 plant harvest every 2 months.... But then i thought SCROG? Could i fill the same amount of space with less plants and possibly even get a higher yield/time, or would i yield more harvesting 6 every 2 months. Also i wouldnt be able to do a cycle with a scrog as it would require 3 seperate rooms for mothering, veg and flower which just complicates matters.

Soooo, with all that info in mind, im looking for input on what kind of growplan, setup, grow medium and grow system( hydro/coco/wilma/flood and drain etc) and also scrog vs cycle if any of you genius's wanna chime in with an opinion i would love to open my mind to your suggestions.

2. thats the ideal setup man. Holy hell i wish i could do 6 plants every two months. Id be happy with 2 ounces every 2 months. I think 6 plants could do that, if LST'd right.

i just like the idea of always have plants in veg and flowering. just a continuous cycle. and if you're going to do that, might as well have a mothering room, cause there is no point in going from seed.

I wish you luck dude.

I would say go a separate room for each stage if you can man. It will keep you busy but it will always be rewarding. I wish i was somewhere where i could even do 3 micro rooms. gets me thinking.

3. Did you want soil or soiless? For soiless I would definitely go equal parts coco and perlite. Soil i would use fox farms' ocean forest mix or if your into organics that's a good way to go too. As far as the coco and perlite go, i would use smart pots with a drip system, best results I've seen so far. 3, 600w hps sounds like a great lighting setup, i would use small 100w hps (hell even a 50w hps) or some 150w cfl's (actual watts) as supplement lights on the sides of the plants. (makes a HUGE difference in your yield) And ScrOG is a good way to increse yield per plant, but cycling is the best way to go hands down. You could have a seperate room/area for a scrog setup maybe and still have your cycle.

4. [quote name='"Master Bator"']thats the ideal setup man. Holy hell i wish i could do 6 plants every two months. Id be happy with 2 ounces every 2 months. I think 6 plants could do that, if LST'd right.

i just like the idea of always have plants in veg and flowering. just a continuous cycle. and if you're going to do that, might as well have a mothering room, cause there is no point in going from seed.

I wish you luck dude.

I would say go a separate room for each stage if you can man. It will keep you busy but it will always be rewarding. I wish i was somewhere where i could even do 3 micro rooms. gets me thinking.[/quote]

Thanks for your interest dude, right now i have a dual tent for veg and cloning and then a large flower area, i would love to have a multi room setup but i dont have the equipment to run 3 rooms, but i do for two rooms.

I like to clone from my clones rather than mother as it just makes life easier an i dont see any difference in phenotype, i dont believe that the genes weaken when cloning from clones, imfact i believe that its bullshit, a friend of mine gave me my first clone, which was third generation, i cloned and flowered it and it was some of the nicest bud i have ever seen/smoked and amsterdam is my second home, the forth gen is 3 weeks into flower right now. Ill post pics

5. [quote name='"grassy haze"']Did you want soil or soiless? For soiless I would definitely go equal parts coco and perlite. Soil i would use fox farms' ocean forest mix or if your into organics that's a good way to go too. As far as the coco and perlite go, i would use smart pots with a drip system, best results I've seen so far. 3, 600w hps sounds like a great lighting setup, i would use small 100w hps (hell even a 50w hps) or some 150w cfl's (actual watts) as supplement lights on the sides of the plants. (makes a HUGE difference in your yield) And ScrOG is a good way to increse yield per plant, but cycling is the best way to go hands down. You could have a seperate room/area for a scrog setup maybe and still have your cycle.[/quote]

Right now im using plagron light mix, which as far as i know is a soilless mix( although looks like soil i was told it is actualy a soiless mix) with great results but its alot of work, u know, manually feeding and leaching run off, changing the pots, not to mention the cost for new mix every harvest. So im lookin for a more automated system, tell me more about " smart pots/drip system", educate me friend

6. #6 grassy haze, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Well these are smart pots, (google images, i dont have any smart pots or a drip setup i use Soil) [​IMG]

This is a top drip system [​IMG]

With the coco mix you'd have to maintain it pretty well as with any soiless mix, (leaching runoff, ect.) but with a top drip system it takes care of that for you. There's many methods of using coco, if you have any more questions check out the "coco coir" section under hydroponics and read up, some great info there. As far as paying for new medium every harvest, you should be doing that regardless of what medium you're using (soil, soiless, clay, ect) unless you're using an organic mix you've made yourself (more info in the organics section of the forums).
    Also eb flow and dwc would be good for coco

7. [quote name='"grassy haze"']

Well these are smart pots, (google images, i dont have any smart pots or a drip setup i use Soil)

This is a top drip system

With the coco mix you'd have to maintain it pretty well as with any soiless mix, (leaching runoff, ect.) but with a top drip system it takes care of that for you. There's many methods of using coco, if you have any more questions check out the "coco coir" section under hydroponics and read up, some great info there. As far as paying for new medium every harvest, you should be doing that regardless of what medium you're using (soil, soiless, clay, ect) unless you're using an organic mix you've made yourself (more info in the organics section of the forums).
    Also eb flow and dwc would be good for coco[/quote]

Hi grassy, thanks i will check out that section in a mo. Still looking for that perfect automated system that will save me much repotting and manual feeding, i guess your right though, i suppose i would always be spending cash on new medium unless i went to a full aero grow but i think ill save that 1 for a later date :)

8. No problem. An aero setup would be sick man. If you don't want to manually feed, then any hydro setup would be ideal for you. I'm personally a fan of dwc (deep water culture) with clay pellets or coco "croutons". (retains water better than clay).

9. [quote name='"grassy haze"']

No problem. An aero setup would be sick man. If you don't want to manually feed, then any hydro setup would be ideal for you. I'm personally a fan of dwc (deep water culture) with clay pellets or coco "croutons". (retains water better than clay).[/quote]

Soo, ive been checking out the deep water culture system an it looks awesome, quite exspensive for a 12 pot system though,£525 . ibet there some good homemade systems on here somewhere that could be built for half that price. If any body knows a good system that works well i would be happy to roll out the dough fot it i guess

10. Yeah you'd want to make your dwc buckets buying them is really expensive. They're pretty simple to make, look up "lets make a bubble bucket" on these forums. Really good tutorial on how to make 'em. All you really need is your buckets, (12 for $20 maybe?) a few airstones with pumps (probably your greatest expense) and some air tubing and some pvc adapters.

11. fill the first foot from the floor up with soil, cast a bunch of seeds in the room. Have all sorts of crazy lights in there and grow a forest. 
    This would be my suggestion in a perfect world.

12. If you made a micro home for mothers you could have it in the veg room and never have to worry really as long as you have intake from outside or another room all together then that just leave flower and veg you said you have two rooms so there ya go you could have a bonzai mom taking 5-8 cuttings every like week an a half or so.

Also thought you keep a mum in veg that's how you keep it a mum so why you need two veg rooms?

"what's reefer?"
    "about $500 an ounce"