new grow room: temp help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by newgrower2011, Nov 27, 2011.

1. hi there people!! i am kinda new to this but have done a fair bit of looking into building a grow room and this is wat i have come up wit!! My room is 6ft high x 5ft wide x 6ft long!! List of the gear i am using : Growlush 400watt hps/mh digital ballast, Growlush 400watt mh bulb for veg and Growlush 400watt hps for flowering, Growsun aircooled reflector, Growlush thermostate hooked to a 8inch muffin fan for exhaust and a 6inch muffin fan for coolair intake, plus isolating fan to keep the air flowing round the room.. my problem is its getting pretty hot where i live atm and my grow room in consealed in my garden shed.. i have put insulation in all my walls and roof but not the floor.. cud this be my problem?? the temps are staying at a 30 to 34 degrees during the morning but wen they come on at night that stay round 30 or jus under!! is my ventualition set up good enough for my size grow room?? any help and comments on my grow room wud be great thanks :D sorry bout some the pic being sideways

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      407.2 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      402.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      299.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      327.4 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      226.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      154.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      349.6 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      407 KB
      Views:
  2. Hey man, nice setup so far. If you're having issues with heat buildup in there, I'd wager to guess that you need more ventilation. That type of inline fan you're using pushes a very low amount of air. This type will provide you much better ventilation:

HTG Supply - GrowBright 8" High Velocity Inline Fan

In addition, check the thread in the grow room setup area, about calculating proper ventilation before buying a new fan. Just to be sure you get the right one!

3. thanks heaps mate i was kinda thinking that may have been part of the problem!! i checked yur grow out and its a mad set up u got going on there!! i looking at doing a hydro set up like that