New Grow Room/Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Just Smoke It, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I just built a grow room its 4ft depth 8ft wide and 10ft tall at its tallest point around 8ft at its lowest. I have the room painted all flat white and I am using cfls for my lights we cant afford the electricity used by the other lights.

I have 1-2 fluorescent tube light fixtures that hold 4 tubes a piece I plan on hanging one or both of them depending on the space available and running 5700k daylight highest watt available tubes above my plants, then using multiple small cfl bulb of mainly 26 watt 5700k 1600lumen bulbs probably gonna run 8+ of those in different spaces around the plants.

I have 6 plants right now 27 days since I planted about 2 1/2-3 weeks into veg in normal garden soil. Going to purchase some type of fox farms soil I have some sunmaster fox farm or something like that. The plants are all bag seed, Im hoping they turn out to be mainly females. I was wondering when I should transplant them in the cups I have them in I can see the roots all the way to the bottom of the cup. Right now I have 3 26watt daylight 5700k 1600 lumen bulbs on them. The stems got a little stretchy because I left them in my window sill when they were first planted.

I'm looking for any advice on how to have this setup better other than to use better lights I know that will help but that isn't an option. I'm also a little confused on if I need to have the air in my room completely replaced like every 2 minutes or if not because I don't want to really spend a lot on a exhaust system also smell really isn't a problem for me. I have a fan but I don't know if I should put it on my plant now because I plan on LSTing my plant and I dont want the stems to get to strong before I start bending them so they dont snap.

I don't have any recent pics of my plants or room but Ill put some older pics of my plants up and some room pics tomorrow. If people are interested I'll turn this into a grow journal too.

Attached Files: