New grow room!! Door problems....

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Thatstinky420, Mar 18, 2013.

1. What's up blades!!
    So I just had a few questions from all you DIY people!! I really got my whole room planes out but I'm stumped on this door and the door is all I really need to get done! I currently have a 6 by 6 by 8 foot walk in closet I'm using the door way is a single bifold door much smaller entry than closet it self well I want to put a swing out door to replace the bifold so I can lock it and have it light proof but I need to hook up ventilation as well I don't really want to damage the walls them self as I'm renting so I was thinking making the door smaller some way and putting a board above the door do I can cut a hole and hook up my exhaust well I don't know how to piece this together.... Hoping for some help!

2. Why not just cut the holes in the door itself since you'll have to replace it eventually.

3. I would goto a Reno store or find a cheap wooden door. Measure the frame size you have currently. Take about 1 foot off the hight and cut the door to that measurement..Take a piece of ply wood and fix it to the top of the door frame at w X 1' and the door will meet up with that. Youll be able to light proof and have a static place to attach ventilation.

4. Well I'd be opening and closing the door often to check on my garden that'd mean the ventilation hose would bend and stretch every time I opened the door!!

Ok well I have to build the frame and things as well the old door was a sliding bifold! So how exactly would I light proof I'm curious??

5. I light proofed my door by putting velcro all the way around and using panda film or black and white plastic. It works great for me completely dark in my flowering room. Good luck enjoy your grow!!

6. i used weather stripping,the rubber stuff for your front and back doors. the door pulls closed on it and it squishes and no light can leak through. I used the cupboard latches you get at home depot or lowes that pull the cupboard doors closed tight so it seal nicely and you get duel use also stop air from leaking in or out of the door if your going for negative pressure in the closet.

7. Those are just like the rubber seals you put on a main front door right??

8. i can take a picture of my doors if you would like. It's basically just a "u" shaped rubber strip. the flat side has a self adhesive on it and the other side compresses when the door closes on it creating the seal.

9. Naw I get what your saying man! I like that cuz I am shooting for negative pressure as well as my cleaver DIY ways of micro environments!! Thanks bro

10. np would like to see the outcome.

11. Ya I'll post pictures of the whole setup will be finished and running by Tuesday!! Ive been buying piece by piece of my new setup and I'm just down to moving and seting up the new room!! Pretty much moved to this place cuz this beautiful huge walk in closet calling some beautiful cannabis ya dig!! Also my thai lights has officially grown outta my box I thought shed be able to make it till I got to the next place so I took her out and gave her more space! I love big plants soooo much to look at!! :) 19 days flowering here's some pics
    smoke up people!!! Laters!!

Attached Files:

12. Finished the room up got pics up on my grow journal