New Grow / New To Growing / kida New to smoking vs more veteran's lol.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hydr0s0ul, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Hey,
    I hope the stuff I post can help with your DWC.
    It's an interesting road a head that's for sure. I'll see if I can swing by your grow log later, I could learn something from you that could help me as well.

2. Posting update from "Last Night"
    Last night I completed switching Margaret to her Nutrient based water.
    I kept the mixes very low to avoid nutrient burning in a DWC.
    2.5Ml for Grow, Micro, Bloom
    1ml of Cal-Mag. <- primarily to see if I can help with the coloring.

For Khole I did a full bucket swap as well.
    And added the same mix including the 1ml of Cal-mag.

I'm considering really hard removing the dead leaf from Khole, but I don't feel like playing with fire so I'm online trying to confirm if it's ok too and what would be the best process or location to remove them from.

These pictures are from last night, posting today's later tonight.
    Pictures were taken roughly 2hrs after everything was done, on my way to bed.

Attached Files:

3. Hey man you can chop those dead leaves. No concerns whatsoever. Lots of people would be lollipopping their plants right around now so don’t worry about removing dead leaves.

What’s you PH at? Did you get a good ph meter? Also if you haven’t gotten one yet, consider a TDS meter. This will help you create a baseline for underfeeding and/or over feeding your plants. Looks like the plants are happy and the environment looks good so the only thing that can really fuck you up at this point is ph, nutrient issues, pests or disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Hey Vicent,

I locked in the PH at 5.9 with 1 drop from the PH down and a long stir.
    I have the TDS meter I believe we were talking about it a while back, I need to start using it more. I'm gonna make sure to test the water before I throw it out on Monday to see how much the plants were siting at by the end of the feed, and write down the numbers from the new batch.

I'll remove the dead leafs tonight then, I wasn't sure but thanks for the heads up so I can move forward on it.
    Tonight's pics, but I'll head in there and remove the leafs before I go to bed.

5. Updated images on the girls for the night.

Attached Files:

6. Forgot to mention, starting Margaret on LST.

7. Hey guys,

Posting a quick update on the girls.
    Can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be able to get the ppm reading after the water has been there for a week.
    Margaret still show's a small bit of yellow. May bring up the cal-mag on the feeding tomorrow to 1.5 from 1.0 for the next week.

Khole still has her colors and coming back with more roots.
    Adding some shots for documentation.

Attached Files:

8. Wanted to get a quick updated completed after yesterday's feeding.
    Both buckets for Khole and Margaret were set to a ph level of 5.9.

Margaret nutrients was adjusted from a cal-mag's stand point 1ml to 1.5 ml.
    Maintained the rest of the nutrients at 2.5ml. On the next feeding I may have to increase their amounts, but not confirmed yet.
    Kept a close eye on the girls for hours after feeding, and they seemed pretty good before going to bed.
    Took some shots last night.

Attached Files:

9. Forgot to add to the notes:
    I didn't get a chance to measure the ppm level on the water when i fed them yesterday. I got caught up.
    I grabbed them first thing in the morning today.
    For Khole i'm looking at 114 / 21.2
    For Margaret I'm looking at 114 / 23.0

10. Getting ready to do weekly nutrient swap.
    The plants have been growing nicely, and I'm a bit worried about increasing the nutrient amounts.
    Currently the girls have been growing on

2.5 ML for Mircro, Grow, Bloom.
    1.0 ML of Cal-mag on Khole
    1.5 ML of Cal-mag on Margaret.
    With an average of 45-55 humidity.

I'm currently using the growdoctorguides.com dws tool. <- I don't think the guy was accurate on the order of feeding.

I checked General Hydroponic's website, and most of the nutrient charts are based on other forms of hydroponics but DWC. At least that's what I noticed.

Based on this tool, it shows I've been providing roughly 10% strength to a 5 Gal bucket.
    Khole is heading into her third week of 2.5ML (M,G,B)
    Margaret is heading into a second week of the same amount.

Based on this tool, and the feeding chart that closes matches my setup at General Hydroponics site.
    By the second week of vegging I'm suppose to in crease the nutrient amount to:
    M- 7.5ML
    G- 10ML
    B- 2.5ML

Based on the tools from the grow doctor guide, it's advising I should do:
    M- 5.0ML
    G- 7.0ML
    B- 2.5ML

Since the feeding chart from General Hydroponics is based on a "Recirculating" system, and not DWC "non-Recirculating". I'm going to go with the Doctors tool guide.

My only questions is the state they suggest I start this nutrient says "Aggressive Vegetative state.
    And I don't know if I'm considered that, or still Mild Vegetative based on the pictures.

I'm gonna go for it, and up the nutrients to the new measurements.

Something else is interesting, I took some ppm readings and the numbers didn't add up for one of them. So I'm gonna have to re-run them.

For Khole it went from 114/23 to 109/23.
    I noticed for Margaret I made a type possibly on the ppm, cause I know I had added a little extra to Marg so she was 130/23 today she was 126/23.

Attached Files:

11. Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is well.
    I wanted to post a quick update on the girls, and show how they been doing since their nutrients swap on Jan/25th.

Based on the same tool I mentioned on my previous post, the girls are currently running on
    M- 5.0ML
    G- 7.0ML
    B- 2.5ML.
    1.5 Cal-Mag

Attached Files:

12. Pt2 Update

Attached Files:

13. I've also been posting their updates on my channel on IG T3ch_and_Gr0w. You don't have to follow me, just advising where I post every other day their progress.

The ppm levels are messing me with me big time, I'm still writing down the numbers but the results are messed up.

I'm gonna continue messing with it, and check the buckets tomorrow.

14. Hope everyone is doing well this weekend.
    Wanted to show a quick update on the girls.

Been keeping them fed with the same recipe as before, still haven't modified it.
    But they are looking good so far, so I basically decided to leave them alone instead of increasing the nutrient's strength.

Roots are from Khole on the left.

Attached Files:

15. Hi everyone hope, everyone is ready for a good weekend.
    Wanted to post a quick update on the girls. I've maintained the course when it comes to their nutrients recipe.

Attached Files: