New grow.. Need some advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OfficialHaze, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Hey, what's up everyone.
    this is just an idea of something close to what we want to do with our space but anyway, we want to have a 10x10 space dedicated to the grow. That means 50 square feet. so starting with six clones from the mother would be no problem. But soon want to bump up to 25 and use the entire space. that would be 2 feet per plant.
    What lighting setups would you use for this space in both the 6 & 25 plant rations to space? I think I would like to try a LED but am ok with HPS/HID. and would a carbon coal filter, 6 inch ducting do the trick as well?

2. that means 100 sq. ft. with that much space, you could divide the room in two and really do some damage!

3. Ok bro I understand but that's a hell of a lot of space to start and like I said 6 plants at first then bring the remaining twenty five from the best mother of the original six. The whole 100 Square foot requires a lot more money to set up that he donesn't have..
    Any suggestions as to what lighting situation for a 50 sq. foot area though?

4. well a 600hps does well with 8sq ft so id say 4-6 600w hps. if you were to pick up 2 4'x8'(16sq ft) tents you could run 2 600s in each.. that way if they were in tents you could get a flip box and run 2 600w ballasts at 12/12 and control 4 lights. 2 on in each tent for 12 hours then as 1 tent shuts off the other turns on.

the ballasts would run 24/7 and would eliminate you having to buy 4-6 ballasts, instead you would only need 2 or 3 and a flip box.

5. there's a few different ways you could go. the footprint of a regular air cooled hood, isn't all that big. but a couple of vertizontals, can really increase your growing area. you would have to provide a bit of ventilation, so you'll have some fans to buy...