New Grow here, WW & NL DWC, Take a look

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BadAxe, May 27, 2010.

1. Hey man nice grow makes me excited about my northern lights lol +rep I was thinking about switching over to hydro but it for some reason looks so much more difficult then soil the time spent (if its more) isn't my concern because I can't stop from sticking my head in my space every couple hours anyway lol but anyway good luck with the next one I'm watching it

2. Hydro really isn't hard. I lok at soil as hard, having to deal with runoff, and PH in is different the PH runoff, and all that stuff. Then either having to recycle the soil, or get rid of it, and lug more in, UGH, seems like SO much work.

For me, hydro is simple. 2 bubblebuckets with air pumps and air stones. A feed line, a drain line.

My work consists of the following.

Train them under the screen (Gotta do that with soil or hydro if you are scrogging).

Every 2nd or 3rd day, take a sample, see what my PH and PPM numbers are, add a gallon of water with the required nutes. I feed that into the bucket, and my work is done.

Once the buckets are built, all of the hard work is done.

An advantage I have is that if my numbers go astray, I can easily attach a tube to the drain line, and drain the whole bucket into a bin, and start with 3 fresh gallons all over again with fresh nutes. So its really easy to deal with nute issues and the like when all it takes is to drain 3 gallons and add 3 fresh gallons.

Now I am not dissing soil grows at all. I find it funny that soil growers look at hydro as a lot more work, when I, as a hydro grower, look at soil grows as much more work. I guess its all about perspective. But as long as I grow indoors, I will always grow hydro, I love it. And for me at least, it doesn't get any simpler.

3. U mean u useing Lucas Formula (the one for cars) in ur plants?

4. Can't tell if you are joking or serious.

But why I would I use something meant for cars on plants? Don't even know what the LF is for cars.

Do a google search for The Lucas Formula and you will instantly know what it is.

Its a very simple and effective way to feed your plants with only 2 products, for the entire grow. And it works. Some fine tuning is needed, but it is a very successful formula.

5. Oh ok my bad, Naw i was serious but now i know what u talkin bout.........

6. That's awsome. Hey did you find that a quarter z of the widow could stink out an entire house?. I grew some widow and it didn't smell at all. Till I chopped it. From chop on it was tthe smelliest stuff ever. Amazing.

7. My White Widow plant smelled up my whole house from about mid veg on till the end. Thats why I have a carbon filter this time around. :)

8. When I grew white widow I got the seedsfrom nirvana. The end product was absolutly amazon BUT I spent the entire flowering period in there pullin bananas it of the buds with tweezers. If I wasn't in there 247 ids had seeds

9. my white widow are just taking off its showing like thas gonna be the 1 to produce the most right now

10. Note 2 Mind.....Smoke White Widow

11. Nice man, but can I ask why it took 4 months to harvest? I thought most take like 3 months maximum from seed to harvest :confused: Meh..

12. Vegged for 5 weeks. Then made the light schedule change to 12/12.

12/12 for almost 2 weeks before first flower appears.

8 weeks of flowering. Some strains need even longer than 8 weeks of flower, but mine were ready in about 8.

So add all that up and it comes to about 4 months.

If you veg shorter, or even go 12/12 from seedling, then your time will be shorter. But I veg until I know my screen will be full.

My current grow is going much better than this one, even though this one was successful. So check it out if you haven't. Peace. :smoke:

13. #73 kdogsgirls, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    The amount of time it takes is very different between the different methods of growing and the different types of genetics........clones or seed. Hydro or soil. Sativa or indica or ruderellis..indoor or outdoor.

There is a lot of variables

14. how long did it take ur whitewidow to harvest?

15. Its all in this thread. But it was about 4 months total grow time. I forget the specifics.

16. 4 Months from seed to harvest? Did u start with seeds or clones?

17. 4 months from seed to harvest. About 5 weeks of vegging, then the light switch to 12/12, about 2 weeks before flowering started, then about 8 weeks of flowering.

18. Lookin really good. Plants are healthy. Dont get to anxious to harvest, your going to need alot of time with those plants.

19. Lol, This journal is complete my man. This grow was harvested in August. I am nearly dones my 2nd grow, which you can also view from the links in my sig.

20. how much did those ladies yield