new grow first problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gogarty1, May 2, 2016.

1. So I'm in my first ever grow and some of the tips of my leaves are turning a yellow/bronze colour. Just wondering if anybody knows why this is happening and how I can solve the problem, any help would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm going to ask a few questions to get as much detail as possible.

What are you growing in? Soil, coco, hydro etc

How far along is your plant? 3 weeks into veg, 2 weeks into flower, etc

Are you using nutrients? If so, what type.

Are you testing the Ph of your water? What is it.

To me from this point, it sounds like it could be a nutrient problem. When the plant gets too much, it's called a nutrient burn. This usually manifests itself with brown/yellow tips. Usually too much nitrogen causes this issue.

Not giving the correct Ph level of water can also have negative effects like this.

Let us know more about what you're working with aND we can help you out better buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cool give me 2 minutes pal I'll get all details on and some photos aswel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi so I'm growing in soil under a 600w ballast and light. Sunmaster dual spectrum GROW+ PHOTPONIC bulb which I understand is suitable for veg stage and flower but please correct me if I'm wrong. I've just started using a bottled nutrient called hydro coco which says on the bottle suitable for coco (coir) and soil and I have stage 1, 2 and 3 I'm using stage one at moment. My plant was planted into soil the 25th March which was 5 weeks 3 days ago. She's exodus cheese strain. All I have been reading it either 2 much or to little but would just like some advice off people instead of just reading.

5. Also I'm just growing in a wardrobe, do have the space for larger grow but I wanted to see how I got on first before I spent more money. I was told by someone I know checking my ph isn't important was he wrong in telling me this? All videos I've been watching seem to advise to check my ph but he tells me different, he is a bit more experienced at growing than I am.

6. Looks like slight nute excess imo..if the girl is vegging they dont use a great deal of nutes..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. My plan was to maybe flush her tomorrow then feed off of plain water my next couple of feeds see if that helps, if not maybe introduce more nutrients into her feed? In this order because I don't want to kill her and heard over nute will kill her eventually under nute can l ways be fixed. Am i right in thinking this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. You're correct with the nutes. Too little and it'll bounce back. Too much and well not so much.

And yes, pH does matter. When I get home I'll post a picture to describe it better. But basically, certain nutrients become available to the plant at different levels. So if the Ph is too low, the roots might not be able to take up key nutrients.

For example, I did 6.8 or something Ph in my coco grow and had issues. I adjusted it to 5.8 and bam. MY plant is now borderline too big for my area haha.

Keep in mind that different mediums use different Ph levels.

To me it looks like a nutrient burn in the making. I think you'll be right with flushing into and doing water for the next couple times.

I just flushed my current grow from a nutrient burn. So far so good *crosses fingers*

9. [​IMG]

This one is for hydro.

10. Thanks guys I'm in the UK and my lights are due to turn off in an hour, so I think I'll flush it tomorrow with mineral water and get out tomorrow and grab myself some ph up and down and start ph my water in future. And just feed her water over the next few feeds. Thanks for the info provided.

11. Thanks for the info hope things go well on your nutrient burn problem.

12. Thank you buddy. YourS as well!

I'm also newer so we learn from our mistakes haha.

13. So I flushed her yesterday guys, turned my lights on today and gone out, when I got in she had another growth spurt. So I've decided to stick her into flower mainly because of space issues now. She was taking up far to much. But she seems to be alot healthier today, and I also flushed her on water phd at 6.2 so I'm hoping that this also gives her better growth and nicer more dance buds.