New grow, first journal - AK48 SoG & Medi Bomb #1

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mcgregski, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Just starting my second grow after 5 years off so thought I'd create a journal to get advice and tips as I go.

Previously I've grown in hydro but decided to go for soil grows this time. I've just finished a first attempt where I grew 11 different strains for a bit of a challenge. The strains were Delahaze, White Widow, Critical Jack Herer, Critical Sensi Star, White Ice, Blueberry Skunk, Northern Lights x Big Bud, Honey B, El Alquimista and two autos White Cheese and Pakistan Ryder. The Auto's were free from Attitude so just threw them in for good measure

It was my first soil grow which I did using grow bags to keep it low to the ground and maximise my space. I got an average of 2oz per plant using no nutes and just tap water.

My set up:
    2.5m x 1.5m area in the loft
    Lined with black and white sheeting
    2 x 400w HPS lights
    4" intake fan - ducting run the length of the room, sealed at the end with holes to vent air along the length of the room
    4" exhaust fan with carbon filter attached

So, the new grow

10 x AK48
    1 x Medi Bomb #1

I plan to put the AK48's in 11L pots, veg for two weeks and then switch to 12/12
    The Medi Bomb will be in a 25L pot and vegged for 3-4 weeks then topped before switching

I've gone for the Canna Vega nutes for Veg and Canna Flora for flowering, I've also purchased some Big Bud additive to try

Progress so far:
    Seeds soaked in paper towel for 36 hours, all 11 popped
    Put them in peat pellets into a propagator under a 250w CFL
    1 AK48 has died shortly after sprouting but all the others are growing well, first two leaves are growing and the peat pellets have been placed into 4" rock wool cubes before they go into the soil and pots.

The Jack Herer and Blueberry are still two weeks from harvest in the flowering room so they are in a 1m x 1m tent for the moment

So please keep an eye on the journal and feel free to chip in whenever, I'll be back with more progress tomorrow

Thanks for reading

2. So today the seedlings have started to grow their 3rd pair of leaves and are about 4" tall. Since the first AK died they've all been nice and healthy. I'm going to give them 2-3 more days under the CFL and then put them straight into the flowering room.

In other news I had another order from Attitude delivered today. I ordered 5 x Dinafem Dinachem seeds and thank to their promotions got 9 other seeds free (4 x Dinafem White Widow, 3 x G13 strains, Ultraviolet Auto and Critical Jack herer) I'm thinking about putting the five Dinachems into one big pot and putting at 12/12 from the start.

Does anyone have experience of growing this way? No veg time, just straight into flower? How well do plants do, yeild etc would be good to know

Thanks