New grow dresser plans. need some help with the mechanics

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by ScottyPotty22, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I am planning on transforming my dresser into a grow box. The dresser is 53 3/4" by 35 3/4" by 18". If someone could help me out with fan size and lighting it would be much appreciated. :)

2. #2 TranceKid, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
    Check out the cabinet grow link in my signature for some ideas on your build!
    For CFMs, you want all the air to be exchanged in 5 min. So multiple the width, height and depth of the dresser and divide that by 5. This gives you the recommended CFMs. You can use a small 4" duct fan, maybe two.

Lighting depends on your ambient room temperatures...LED runs the coolest, CFL and T5s run hotter, and Metal halide/high pressure sodium run hotter. You could use a 150w - 250w HID system...or a 2ft T5 with CFL supplementation, or a nice LED set up. (Most expensive).

3. Thanks man I apreciate the help

4. These plants are gonna get BIG, I'd go CFL's with an idea of budding in LEDS, although more costly, the shape of your stealth system, more Horizontal than Vertical, may allow you to train the plants to a more horizontal plain than the 'normal' vertical
    it would also remove the venting issue to minor...lol

"V"

5. With a small space like that I'd go with cfls or LEDs. There cool so the temp won't be
    high and you can get the plants right up to them pretty much. Id look around for some pc fans or an inline fan for venting. Are you goin dirt or hydro? If hydro what type of system?