New grow cabinet, ventilation HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by onion60609, Nov 20, 2010.

1. I'm trying to go stealth, beyond stealth, as stealth as can be.

So I've got plans for a cabinet: to make it not look peculiar it will be a modestly small 48 in. tall x 12 in. deep x 18 in. wide.

My #1 concerns are smell and exhaust fan noise. This box is going to be 6 sq ft., so I feel like I can get away with a small quiet fan, and still be able to get rid of odor with a carbon filter.

I need some recommendations for a SUPER quiet fan and carbon filter that will move enough air to make the girls happy. Please Help!!

2. just use a pc fan... one fan on the exhaust is all you need

read the sig for how to wire it up

make your own carbon filter with a home pet filter from lowes or home depot

six square feet in your grow

18 cfm for exchange of air

36 cfm rated fan or greater for the carbon filter...

this is found in almost any pc... or better yet find one with a low decibel level at newegg or some other pc place... wire up the fan to a adjustable power dc converter from radio shack and walla...

done deal...

3. Thank you for your reply Tihspeed. The only thing though, this is THE most important part of the entire setup so I'm really looking to buy something to last awhile that will be of better quality than anything I could ever make. I'd get something like an inline fan / carbon filter combo, but that's wayyy overkill for this project I believe since I only need ~50 CFM's at MOST. Am I stuck making my own exhaust fan / carbon filter, or is there some item out there that matches my needs? Thank you! :)

4. at my radio shack they have a 60 cfm pc fan for 20 bucks... good deal once ya wire it up... nice wire tut bro...

check the DIY forum for the carbon filter setup... good read

i was gonna use one but i just went with the inline, my space is a little bigger than yours

hey, whats the equation on the cfm?

my room is 2'7x2'7x6'

thank you sir :D:smoke:

5. High as Space:
    your room is 2.583 ft x 2.583 ft x 6 ft = 40 cubic ft
    CFM is cubic feet per minute. So to clear your entire space in one minute, you need a 40 CFM fan.

Do these really work??
    Hydrofarm - Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster
    It seems like that would burn up the motor or something. If these work then I could just get an inline fan + carbon filter and turn it way way down using the fan speed adjuster in turn greatly reducing noise. And then the problem would be solved... but do these work without burning up the motor?

6. Found the answer: TD-100, :) :) :)

7. wtf is a td-100??????:confused:

just use the sig bro.. its 20 bucks... done deal... and the cost of your fan..