New grow cab with light leaks! Help!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TmbleHigh1, Oct 17, 2010.

1. So i'm having problems with light leaks, i have the entire cabinet sealed perfectly except for the cabinet door. I've tried wheather stripping and the gaps are either too small or big for it to both close correctly, or keep all the light out.

First picture is the grow cab i've been building, 7ft tall total, the top is a flowering space 4'x24''x4', and the bottom is a veg space 4'x20"x3'
    Second picture is the cabinet door gaps i've been trying to seal from light
    Third picture was my solution to sealing the light, a very thick clothlike insulation material i've stappled over the two edges of the cabinet doors... works PERFECT, except i cant do this with the top and bottom of the doors. Any ideas on what i can do, or how i can use this stuff to cover the cracks somehow? I'm out of ideas lol :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. You could try and put a 1/2 strip of wood along the inside edge of the cabinet all the way around or just the top and bottom if that other stuff is working. Then put the foam weather stripping on that. You might need to do this on one of the doors and make it so the other door overlaps it. then put the foam on.

3. VoteYes... Great idea! I was just thinking something along the same lines and found some super small border shit that goes around the walls/floors you know? Im gonna put that around the inside of the top/bottom then put the cloth over it so its angled at a 45 to block out the light... hopefully it works! :smoke: